Convert British Thermal Units to Therms
Enter the energy in british thermal units below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert British Thermal Units to Therms
To convert a british thermal unit measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One british thermal unit is equal to 1.0E-5 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the british thermal units multiplied by 1.0E-5.
British thermal units and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU, for example 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
British Thermal Unit Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
|British Thermal Units||Therms|
More British Thermal Unit Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 BTU is equal to 1,055.06 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.055056 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.001055 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.0551E-6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 BTU is equal to 252.164401 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.252164 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.000252 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.293071 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.000293 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 BTU is equal to 2.9307E-7 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 BTU is equal to 1,055.06 watt-seconds
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.0E-6 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.0E-15 quads