Convert Watt-hours to Therms
Enter the energy in watt-hours below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Watt-hours to Therms
To convert a watt-hour measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One watt-hour is equal to 3.4121E-5 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the watt-hours multiplied by 3.4121E-5.
Watt-hours and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
Watt-hours can be abbreviated as Wh, for example 1 watt-hour can be written as 1 Wh.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Watt-hour Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Watt-hour Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 Wh is equal to 3,600 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 Wh is equal to 3.6 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 Wh is equal to 0.0036 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 Wh is equal to 3.6E-6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 Wh is equal to 860.42065 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 Wh is equal to 0.860421 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 Wh is equal to 0.00086 megacalories
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 Wh is equal to 0.001 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 Wh is equal to 1.0E-6 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 Wh is equal to 3,600 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 Wh is equal to 3.412142 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 Wh is equal to 3.4121E-6 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 Wh is equal to 3.4121E-15 quads