Watt-Hours to British Thermal Units Converter
Enter the energy in watt-hours below to get the value converted to british thermal units.
Do you want to convert british thermal units to watt-hours?
How to Convert Watt-Hours to British Thermal Units
To convert a watt-hour measurement to a british thermal unit measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one watt-hour is equal to 3.412142 british thermal units, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in british thermal units is equal to the watt-hours multiplied by 3.412142.
How Many British Thermal Units Are in a Watt-Hour?
There are 3.412142 british thermal units in a watt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 Wh = 3.412142 BTU
Watt-hours and british thermal units are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Hour?
The watt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one hour period.
Watt-hours are usually abbreviated as Wh, although the formally adopted expression is W·h. The abbreviation W h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-hour can be written as 1 Wh, 1 W·h, or 1 W h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-hours.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
Watt-Hour to British Thermal Unit Conversion Table
|Watt-hours||British Thermal Units|
|1 Wh||3.4121 BTU|
|2 Wh||6.8243 BTU|
|3 Wh||10.24 BTU|
|4 Wh||13.65 BTU|
|5 Wh||17.06 BTU|
|6 Wh||20.47 BTU|
|7 Wh||23.88 BTU|
|8 Wh||27.3 BTU|
|9 Wh||30.71 BTU|
|10 Wh||34.12 BTU|
|11 Wh||37.53 BTU|
|12 Wh||40.95 BTU|
|13 Wh||44.36 BTU|
|14 Wh||47.77 BTU|
|15 Wh||51.18 BTU|
|16 Wh||54.59 BTU|
|17 Wh||58.01 BTU|
|18 Wh||61.42 BTU|
|19 Wh||64.83 BTU|
|20 Wh||68.24 BTU|
|21 Wh||71.65 BTU|
|22 Wh||75.07 BTU|
|23 Wh||78.48 BTU|
|24 Wh||81.89 BTU|
|25 Wh||85.3 BTU|
|26 Wh||88.72 BTU|
|27 Wh||92.13 BTU|
|28 Wh||95.54 BTU|
|29 Wh||98.95 BTU|
|30 Wh||102.36 BTU|
|31 Wh||105.78 BTU|
|32 Wh||109.19 BTU|
|33 Wh||112.6 BTU|
|34 Wh||116.01 BTU|
|35 Wh||119.42 BTU|
|36 Wh||122.84 BTU|
|37 Wh||126.25 BTU|
|38 Wh||129.66 BTU|
|39 Wh||133.07 BTU|
|40 Wh||136.49 BTU|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Hour & British Thermal Unit Conversions
- watt-hours to joules
- watt-hours to kilojoules
- watt-hours to megajoules
- watt-hours to gigajoules
- watt-hours to calories
- watt-hours to kilocalories
- watt-hours to megacalories
- watt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to watt-seconds
- watt-hours to million BTU
- watt-hours to therms
- watt-hours to quads
- watt-hours to electronvolts
- watt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to british thermal units
- kilojoules to british thermal units
- megajoules to british thermal units
- gigajoules to british thermal units
- calories to british thermal units
- kilocalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- million BTU to british thermal units
- therms to british thermal units
- quads to british thermal units
- electronvolts to british thermal units
- kiloelectronvolts to british thermal units
- megaelectronvolts to british thermal units