British Thermal Units to Watt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in british thermal units below to get the value converted to watt-hours.
Do you want to convert watt-hours to british thermal units?
How to Convert British Thermal Units to Watt-Hours
To convert a measurement in british thermal units to a measurement in watt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 0.293071 watt-hours/british thermal unit.
Since one british thermal unit is equal to 0.293071 watt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in watt-hours is equal to the energy in british thermal units multiplied by 0.293071.
How Many Watt-Hours Are in a British Thermal Unit?
There are 0.293071 watt-hours in a british thermal unit, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 BTU = 0.293071 Wh
British thermal units and watt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
What is a Watt-Hour?
The watt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one hour period.
Watt-hours are usually abbreviated as Wh, although the formally adopted expression is W·h. The abbreviation W h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-hour can be written as 1 Wh, 1 W·h, or 1 W h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-hours.
British Thermal Unit to Watt-Hour Conversion Table
|British Thermal Units||Watt-hours|
|1 BTU||0.293071 Wh|
|2 BTU||0.586142 Wh|
|3 BTU||0.879213 Wh|
|4 BTU||1.1723 Wh|
|5 BTU||1.4654 Wh|
|6 BTU||1.7584 Wh|
|7 BTU||2.0515 Wh|
|8 BTU||2.3446 Wh|
|9 BTU||2.6376 Wh|
|10 BTU||2.9307 Wh|
|11 BTU||3.2238 Wh|
|12 BTU||3.5169 Wh|
|13 BTU||3.8099 Wh|
|14 BTU||4.103 Wh|
|15 BTU||4.3961 Wh|
|16 BTU||4.6891 Wh|
|17 BTU||4.9822 Wh|
|18 BTU||5.2753 Wh|
|19 BTU||5.5684 Wh|
|20 BTU||5.8614 Wh|
|21 BTU||6.1545 Wh|
|22 BTU||6.4476 Wh|
|23 BTU||6.7406 Wh|
|24 BTU||7.0337 Wh|
|25 BTU||7.3268 Wh|
|26 BTU||7.6198 Wh|
|27 BTU||7.9129 Wh|
|28 BTU||8.206 Wh|
|29 BTU||8.4991 Wh|
|30 BTU||8.7921 Wh|
|31 BTU||9.0852 Wh|
|32 BTU||9.3783 Wh|
|33 BTU||9.6713 Wh|
|34 BTU||9.9644 Wh|
|35 BTU||10.26 Wh|
|36 BTU||10.55 Wh|
|37 BTU||10.84 Wh|
|38 BTU||11.14 Wh|
|39 BTU||11.43 Wh|
|40 BTU||11.72 Wh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More British Thermal Unit & Watt-Hour Conversions
- british thermal units to joules
- british thermal units to kilojoules
- british thermal units to megajoules
- british thermal units to gigajoules
- british thermal units to calories
- british thermal units to kilocalories
- british thermal units to megacalories
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to watt-seconds
- british thermal units to million BTU
- british thermal units to therms
- british thermal units to quads
- british thermal units to electronvolts
- british thermal units to kiloelectronvolts
- british thermal units to megaelectronvolts
- joules to watt-hours
- kilojoules to watt-hours
- megajoules to watt-hours
- gigajoules to watt-hours
- calories to watt-hours
- kilocalories to watt-hours
- megacalories to watt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to watt-hours
- megawatt-hours to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- million BTU to watt-hours
- therms to watt-hours
- quads to watt-hours
- electronvolts to watt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to watt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to watt-hours