Convert British Thermal Units to Quads
Enter the energy in british thermal units below to get the value converted to quads.
How to Convert British Thermal Units to Quads
To convert a british thermal unit measurement to a quad measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One british thermal unit is equal to 1.0E-15 quads, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in quads is equal to the british thermal units multiplied by 1.0E-15.
British thermal units and quads are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU, for example 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
British Thermal Unit Measurements and Equivalent Quad Conversions
|British Thermal Units||Quads|
More British Thermal Unit Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 BTU is equal to 1,055.06 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.055056 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.001055 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.0551E-6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 BTU is equal to 252.164401 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.252164 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.000252 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.293071 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 BTU is equal to 0.000293 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 BTU is equal to 2.9307E-7 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 BTU is equal to 1,055.06 watt-seconds
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.0E-6 million BTU
- Convert to Therms
- 1 BTU is equal to 1.0E-5 therms