Convert Megawatt-hours to Quads
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to quads.
How to Convert Megawatt-hours to Quads
To convert a megawatt-hour measurement to a quad measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One megawatt-hour is equal to 3.4121E-9 quads, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in quads is equal to the megawatt-hours multiplied by 3.4121E-9.
Megawatt-hours and quads are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours can be abbreviated as MWh, for example 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
Megawatt-hour Measurements and Equivalent Quad Conversions
More Megawatt-hour Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600,000,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600,000 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3.6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 MWh is equal to 860,420,650.1 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 MWh is equal to 860,420.7 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 MWh is equal to 860.42065 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 MWh is equal to 1,000,000 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 MWh is equal to 1,000 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600,000,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,412,141.6 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 MWh is equal to 3.412142 million BTU
- Convert to Therms
- 1 MWh is equal to 34.121416 therms