Convert Quads to Megawatt-hours
Enter the energy in quads below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
How to Convert Quads to Megawatt-hours
To convert a quad measurement to a megawatt-hour measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One quad is equal to 293,071,070.17222 megawatt-hours, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the quads multiplied by 293,071,070.17222.
Quads and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours can be abbreviated as MWh, for example 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh.
Quad Measurements and Equivalent Megawatt-hour Conversions
More Quad Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,100,000,000,000,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,100,000,000,000 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,055,852,620 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,055,852.6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 quad is equal to 252,160,000,000,000,000 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 quad is equal to 252,160,000,000,000 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 quad is equal to 252,164,400,721.8 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 quad is equal to 293,070,000,000,000 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 quad is equal to 293,071,070,172.2 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,100,000,000,000,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 quad is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 quad is equal to 1,000,000,000 million BTU
- Convert to Therms
- 1 quad is equal to 10,000,000,000 therms
- Convert to Electronvolts
- 1 quad is equal to 6,585,099,999,999,999,807,801,088,461,852,639,232 electronvolts
- Convert to Kiloelectronvolts
- 1 quad is equal to 6,585,099,999,999,999,770,907,600,314,433,536 kiloelectronvolts
- Convert to Megaelectronvolts
- 1 quad is equal to 6,585,100,000,000,000,374,389,950,382,080 megaelectronvolts