Quads to Megawatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in quads below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
Do you want to convert megawatt-hours to quads?
How to Convert Quads to Megawatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in quads to a measurement in megawatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 293,071,070.17222 megawatt-hours/quad.
Since one quad is equal to 293,071,070.17222 megawatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the energy in quads multiplied by 293,071,070.17222.
How Many Megawatt-Hours Are in a Quad?
There are 293,071,070.17222 megawatt-hours in a quad, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 quads = 293,071,070.17222 MWh
Quads and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Quad?
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
Learn more about quads.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
Quad to Megawatt-Hour Conversion Table
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Quad & Megawatt-Hour Conversions
- quads to joules
- quads to kilojoules
- quads to megajoules
- quads to gigajoules
- quads to calories
- quads to kilocalories
- quads to megacalories
- quads to watt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- quads to watt-seconds
- quads to british thermal units
- quads to million BTU
- quads to therms
- quads to electronvolts
- quads to kiloelectronvolts
- quads to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megawatt-hours
- kilojoules to megawatt-hours
- megajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- calories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- million BTU to megawatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to megawatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to megawatt-hours