Kilowatt-Hours to Megawatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in kilowatt-hours below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
Do you want to convert megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours?
How to Convert Kilowatt-Hours to Megawatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in kilowatt-hours to a measurement in megawatt-hours, divide the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1,000 kilowatt-hours/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 1,000 kilowatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the energy in kilowatt-hours divided by 1,000.
Kilowatt-hours and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
Kilowatt-Hour to Megawatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 kWh||0.001 MWh|
|2 kWh||0.002 MWh|
|3 kWh||0.003 MWh|
|4 kWh||0.004 MWh|
|5 kWh||0.005 MWh|
|6 kWh||0.006 MWh|
|7 kWh||0.007 MWh|
|8 kWh||0.008 MWh|
|9 kWh||0.009 MWh|
|10 kWh||0.01 MWh|
|20 kWh||0.02 MWh|
|30 kWh||0.03 MWh|
|40 kWh||0.04 MWh|
|50 kWh||0.05 MWh|
|60 kWh||0.06 MWh|
|70 kWh||0.07 MWh|
|80 kWh||0.08 MWh|
|90 kWh||0.09 MWh|
|100 kWh||0.1 MWh|
|200 kWh||0.2 MWh|
|300 kWh||0.3 MWh|
|400 kWh||0.4 MWh|
|500 kWh||0.5 MWh|
|600 kWh||0.6 MWh|
|700 kWh||0.7 MWh|
|800 kWh||0.8 MWh|
|900 kWh||0.9 MWh|
|1,000 kWh||1 MWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Kilowatt-Hour & Megawatt-Hour Conversions
- kilowatt-hours to joules
- kilowatt-hours to kilojoules
- kilowatt-hours to megajoules
- kilowatt-hours to gigajoules
- kilowatt-hours to calories
- kilowatt-hours to kilocalories
- kilowatt-hours to megacalories
- kilowatt-hours to watt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to million BTU
- kilowatt-hours to therms
- kilowatt-hours to quads
- kilowatt-hours to electronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megawatt-hours
- kilojoules to megawatt-hours
- megajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- calories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- million BTU to megawatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- quads to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to megawatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to megawatt-hours