Kilowatt-Hours to Calories Converter
Enter the energy in kilowatt-hours below to get the value converted to calories.
Do you want to convert calories to kilowatt-hours?
How to Convert Kilowatt-Hours to Calories
To convert a measurement in kilowatt-hours to a measurement in calories, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 860,420.650096 calories/kilowatt-hour.
Since one kilowatt-hour is equal to 860,420.650096 calories, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in calories is equal to the energy in kilowatt-hours multiplied by 860,420.650096.
How Many Calories Are in a Kilowatt-Hour?
There are 860,420.650096 calories in a kilowatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 kWh = 860,420.650096 cal
Kilowatt-hours and calories are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
What is a Calorie?
One calorie is equal to the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius.
When measuring the energy content in foods, the large calorie, or kilocalorie is used, but it's often still just called a "calorie." When both the calorie and large calorie are used in the same context it is common to refer to the calorie as a "small calorie."
Calories can be abbreviated as cal; for example, 1 calorie can be written as 1 cal.
Learn more about calories.
Kilowatt-Hour to Calorie Conversion Table
|0.00001 kWh||8.6042 cal|
|0.00002 kWh||17.21 cal|
|0.00003 kWh||25.81 cal|
|0.00004 kWh||34.42 cal|
|0.00005 kWh||43.02 cal|
|0.00006 kWh||51.63 cal|
|0.00007 kWh||60.23 cal|
|0.00008 kWh||68.83 cal|
|0.00009 kWh||77.44 cal|
|0.000001 kWh||0.860421 cal|
|0.00001 kWh||8.6042 cal|
|0.0001 kWh||86.04 cal|
|0.001 kWh||860.42 cal|
|0.01 kWh||8,604 cal|
|0.1 kWh||86,042 cal|
|1 kWh||860,421 cal|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Kilowatt-Hour & Calorie Conversions
- kilowatt-hours to joules
- kilowatt-hours to kilojoules
- kilowatt-hours to megajoules
- kilowatt-hours to gigajoules
- kilowatt-hours to kilocalories
- kilowatt-hours to megacalories
- kilowatt-hours to watt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to million BTU
- kilowatt-hours to therms
- kilowatt-hours to quads
- kilowatt-hours to electronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to calories
- kilojoules to calories
- megajoules to calories
- gigajoules to calories
- kilocalories to calories
- megacalories to calories
- watt-hours to calories
- megawatt-hours to calories
- watt-seconds to calories
- british thermal units to calories
- million BTU to calories
- therms to calories
- quads to calories
- electronvolts to calories
- kiloelectronvolts to calories
- megaelectronvolts to calories