Convert Kilowatt-hours to Therms
Enter the energy in kilowatt-hours below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Kilowatt-hours to Therms
To convert a kilowatt-hour measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One kilowatt-hour is equal to 0.034121 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the kilowatt-hours multiplied by 0.034121.
Kilowatt-hours and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours can be abbreviated as kWh, for example 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Kilowatt-hour Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Kilowatt-hour Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,600,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,600 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 kWh is equal to 3.6 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.0036 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 kWh is equal to 860,420.7 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 kWh is equal to 860.42065 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.860421 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 kWh is equal to 1,000 watt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.001 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,600,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,412.14 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.003412 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 kWh is equal to 3.4121E-12 quads