Convert Kilojoules to Therms
Enter the energy in kilojoules below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Kilojoules to Therms
To convert a kilojoule measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One kilojoule is equal to 9.4782E-6 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the kilojoules multiplied by 9.4782E-6.
Kilojoules and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The kilojoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "kilo" is the prefix for 103. Kilojoules can be abbreviated as kJ, for example 1 kilojoule can be written as 1 kJ.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Kilojoule Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Kilojoule Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 kJ is equal to 1,000 joules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 kJ is equal to 0.001 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 kJ is equal to 1.0E-6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 kJ is equal to 239.005736 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 kJ is equal to 0.239006 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 kJ is equal to 0.000239 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 kJ is equal to 0.277778 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 kJ is equal to 0.000278 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 kJ is equal to 2.7778E-7 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 kJ is equal to 1,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 kJ is equal to 0.947817 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 kJ is equal to 9.4782E-7 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 kJ is equal to 9.4782E-16 quads