Kilojoules to Megawatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in kilojoules below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
Do you want to convert megawatt-hours to kilojoules?
How to Convert Kilojoules to Megawatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in kilojoules to a measurement in megawatt-hours, divide the energy by the following conversion ratio: 3,600,000 kilojoules/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 3,600,000 kilojoules, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the energy in kilojoules divided by 3,600,000.
Kilojoules and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Kilojoule?
One kilojoule is equal to 1,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The kilojoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "kilo" is the prefix for thousands, or 103. Kilojoules can be abbreviated as kJ; for example, 1 kilojoule can be written as 1 kJ.
Learn more about kilojoules.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
Kilojoule to Megawatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 kJ||0.00000027778 MWh|
|2 kJ||0.00000055556 MWh|
|3 kJ||0.00000083333 MWh|
|4 kJ||0.0000011111 MWh|
|5 kJ||0.0000013889 MWh|
|6 kJ||0.0000016667 MWh|
|7 kJ||0.0000019444 MWh|
|8 kJ||0.0000022222 MWh|
|9 kJ||0.0000025 MWh|
|10 kJ||0.0000027778 MWh|
|100 kJ||0.000027778 MWh|
|1,000 kJ||0.000278 MWh|
|10,000 kJ||0.002778 MWh|
|100,000 kJ||0.027778 MWh|
|1,000,000 kJ||0.277778 MWh|
|10,000,000 kJ||2.7778 MWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Kilojoule & Megawatt-Hour Conversions
- kilojoules to joules
- kilojoules to megajoules
- kilojoules to gigajoules
- kilojoules to calories
- kilojoules to kilocalories
- kilojoules to megacalories
- kilojoules to watt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to watt-seconds
- kilojoules to british thermal units
- kilojoules to million BTU
- kilojoules to therms
- kilojoules to quads
- kilojoules to electronvolts
- kilojoules to kiloelectronvolts
- kilojoules to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megawatt-hours
- megajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- calories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- million BTU to megawatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- quads to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to megawatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to megawatt-hours