British Thermal Units to Megawatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in british thermal units below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
Do you want to convert megawatt-hours to british thermal units?
How to Convert British Thermal Units to Megawatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in british thermal units to a measurement in megawatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 2.9307E-7 megawatt-hours/british thermal unit.
Since one british thermal unit is equal to 2.9307E-7 megawatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the energy in british thermal units multiplied by 2.9307E-7.
British thermal units and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
British Thermal Unit to Megawatt-Hour Conversion Table
|British Thermal Units||Megawatt-hours|
|1 BTU||0.00000029307 MWh|
|2 BTU||0.00000058614 MWh|
|3 BTU||0.00000087921 MWh|
|4 BTU||0.0000011723 MWh|
|5 BTU||0.0000014654 MWh|
|6 BTU||0.0000017584 MWh|
|7 BTU||0.0000020515 MWh|
|8 BTU||0.0000023446 MWh|
|9 BTU||0.0000026376 MWh|
|10 BTU||0.0000029307 MWh|
|100 BTU||0.000029307 MWh|
|1,000 BTU||0.000293 MWh|
|10,000 BTU||0.002931 MWh|
|100,000 BTU||0.029307 MWh|
|1,000,000 BTU||0.293071 MWh|
|10,000,000 BTU||2.9307 MWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More British Thermal Unit & Megawatt-Hour Conversions
- british thermal units to joules
- british thermal units to kilojoules
- british thermal units to megajoules
- british thermal units to gigajoules
- british thermal units to calories
- british thermal units to kilocalories
- british thermal units to megacalories
- british thermal units to watt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to watt-seconds
- british thermal units to million BTU
- british thermal units to therms
- british thermal units to quads
- british thermal units to electronvolts
- british thermal units to kiloelectronvolts
- british thermal units to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megawatt-hours
- kilojoules to megawatt-hours
- megajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- calories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- million BTU to megawatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- quads to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to megawatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to megawatt-hours