British Thermal Units to Gigajoules Converter
Enter the energy in british thermal units below to get the value converted to gigajoules.
Do you want to convert gigajoules to british thermal units?
How to Convert British Thermal Units to Gigajoules
To convert a measurement in british thermal units to a measurement in gigajoules, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1.0551E-6 gigajoules/british thermal unit.
Since one british thermal unit is equal to 1.0551E-6 gigajoules, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in gigajoules is equal to the energy in british thermal units multiplied by 1.0551E-6.
British thermal units and gigajoules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
What is a Gigajoule?
One gigajoule is equal to 1,000,000,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The gigajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "giga" is the prefix for billions, or 109. Gigajoules can be abbreviated as GJ; for example, 1 gigajoule can be written as 1 GJ.
Learn more about gigajoules.
British Thermal Unit to Gigajoule Conversion Table
|British Thermal Units||Gigajoules|
|1 BTU||0.0000010551 GJ|
|2 BTU||0.0000021101 GJ|
|3 BTU||0.0000031652 GJ|
|4 BTU||0.0000042202 GJ|
|5 BTU||0.0000052753 GJ|
|6 BTU||0.0000063303 GJ|
|7 BTU||0.0000073854 GJ|
|8 BTU||0.0000084404 GJ|
|9 BTU||0.0000094955 GJ|
|10 BTU||0.000010551 GJ|
|100 BTU||0.000106 GJ|
|1,000 BTU||0.001055 GJ|
|10,000 BTU||0.010551 GJ|
|100,000 BTU||0.105506 GJ|
|1,000,000 BTU||1.0551 GJ|
More British Thermal Unit & Gigajoule Conversions
- british thermal units to joules
- british thermal units to kilojoules
- british thermal units to megajoules
- british thermal units to calories
- british thermal units to kilocalories
- british thermal units to megacalories
- british thermal units to watt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to watt-seconds
- british thermal units to million BTU
- british thermal units to therms
- british thermal units to quads
- british thermal units to electronvolts
- british thermal units to kiloelectronvolts
- british thermal units to megaelectronvolts
- joules to gigajoules
- kilojoules to gigajoules
- megajoules to gigajoules
- calories to gigajoules
- kilocalories to gigajoules
- megacalories to gigajoules
- watt-hours to gigajoules
- kilowatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- watt-seconds to gigajoules
- million BTU to gigajoules
- therms to gigajoules
- quads to gigajoules
- electronvolts to gigajoules
- kiloelectronvolts to gigajoules
- megaelectronvolts to gigajoules