Convert Therms to Gigajoules
Enter the energy in therms below to get the value converted to gigajoules.
How to Convert Therms to Gigajoules
To convert a therm measurement to a gigajoule measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One therm is equal to 0.105506 gigajoules, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in gigajoules is equal to the therms multiplied by 0.105506.
Therms and gigajoules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
The gigajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "giga" is the prefix for 106. Gigajoules can be abbreviated as GJ, for example 1 gigajoule can be written as 1 GJ.
Therm Measurements and Equivalent Gigajoule Conversions
More Therm Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 therm is equal to 105,505,585.3 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 therm is equal to 105,505.6 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 therm is equal to 105.505585 megajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 therm is equal to 25,216,440.1 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 therm is equal to 25,216.4 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 therm is equal to 25.21644 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 therm is equal to 29,307.1 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 therm is equal to 29.307107 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 therm is equal to 0.029307 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 therm is equal to 105,505,585.3 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 therm is equal to 100,000 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 therm is equal to 0.1 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 therm is equal to 1.0E-10 quads