Therms to Electronvolts Converter
Enter the energy in therms below to get the value converted to electronvolts.
Do you want to convert electronvolts to therms?
How to Convert Therms to Electronvolts
To convert a measurement in therms to a measurement in electronvolts, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 6.5851E+26 electronvolts/therm.
Since one therm is equal to 6.5851E+26 electronvolts, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in electronvolts is equal to the energy in therms multiplied by 6.5851E+26.
How Many Electronvolts Are in a Therm?
There are 6.5851E+26 electronvolts in a therm, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 therms = 6.5851E+26 eV
Therms and electronvolts are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Therm?
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Learn more about therms.
What is an Electronvolt?
An electronvolt is the amount of energy required to accelerate an electron through a difference in electric potential of one volt in vacuum. One electronvolt is equal to the charge of 1.602176634 × 10−19 C, and is equal to the energy of 1.602176634 × 10−19 Joules.
Electronvolts can be abbreviated as eV; for example, 1 electronvolt can be written as 1 eV.
Energy in electronvolts can be expressed using the following formula: E = qV
The energy E in electronvolts is equal to the electric charge q in elementary charge times the potential difference V in volts.
Learn more about electronvolts.
Therm to Electronvolt Conversion Table
- Tatum, J., Electricity and Magnetism - 2.3: Electron-volts, https://phys.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Electricity_and_Magnetism/Electricity_and_Magnetism_(Tatum)/02%3A_Electrostatic_Potential/2.03%3A_Electron-volts
More Therm & Electronvolt Conversions
- therms to joules
- therms to kilojoules
- therms to megajoules
- therms to gigajoules
- therms to calories
- therms to kilocalories
- therms to megacalories
- therms to watt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- therms to watt-seconds
- therms to british thermal units
- therms to million BTU
- therms to quads
- therms to kiloelectronvolts
- therms to megaelectronvolts
- joules to electronvolts
- kilojoules to electronvolts
- megajoules to electronvolts
- gigajoules to electronvolts
- calories to electronvolts
- kilocalories to electronvolts
- megacalories to electronvolts
- watt-hours to electronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to electronvolts
- megawatt-hours to electronvolts
- watt-seconds to electronvolts
- british thermal units to electronvolts
- million BTU to electronvolts
- quads to electronvolts
- kiloelectronvolts to electronvolts
- megaelectronvolts to electronvolts