Therms to Million BTU Converter
Enter the energy in therms below to get the value converted to million BTU.
Do you want to convert million BTU to therms?
How to Convert Therms to Million BTU
To convert a therm measurement to a million BTU measurement, divide the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one million BTU is equal to 10 therms, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in million BTU is equal to the therms divided by 10.
Therms and million BTU are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Therm?
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Learn more about therms.
What is a Million BTU?
One million BTU is a measure of heat energy equal to 1,000,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit.
The million BTU is a US customary unit of energy. Million BTU can be abbreviated as MMBTU; for example, 1 million BTU can be written as 1 MMBTU.
Learn more about million BTU.
Therm to Million BTU Conversion Table
More Therm & Million BTU Conversions
- therms to joules
- therms to kilojoules
- therms to megajoules
- therms to gigajoules
- therms to calories
- therms to kilocalories
- therms to megacalories
- therms to watt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- therms to watt-seconds
- therms to british thermal units
- therms to quads
- therms to electronvolts
- therms to kiloelectronvolts
- therms to megaelectronvolts
- joules to million BTU
- kilojoules to million BTU
- megajoules to million BTU
- gigajoules to million BTU
- calories to million BTU
- kilocalories to million BTU
- megacalories to million BTU
- watt-hours to million BTU
- kilowatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- watt-seconds to million BTU
- british thermal units to million BTU
- quads to million BTU
- electronvolts to million BTU
- kiloelectronvolts to million BTU
- megaelectronvolts to million BTU