Therms to Kilowatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in therms below to get the value converted to kilowatt-hours.
Do you want to convert kilowatt-hours to therms?
How to Convert Therms to Kilowatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in therms to a measurement in kilowatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 29.307107 kilowatt-hours/therm.
Since one therm is equal to 29.307107 kilowatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilowatt-hours is equal to the energy in therms multiplied by 29.307107.
How Many Kilowatt-Hours Are in a Therm?
There are 29.307107 kilowatt-hours in a therm, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 therms = 29.307107 kWh
Therms and kilowatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Therm?
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Learn more about therms.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
Therm to Kilowatt-Hour Conversion Table
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Therm & Kilowatt-Hour Conversions
- therms to joules
- therms to kilojoules
- therms to megajoules
- therms to gigajoules
- therms to calories
- therms to kilocalories
- therms to megacalories
- therms to watt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- therms to watt-seconds
- therms to british thermal units
- therms to million BTU
- therms to quads
- therms to electronvolts
- therms to kiloelectronvolts
- therms to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- megajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- calories to kilowatt-hours
- kilocalories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- watt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- million BTU to kilowatt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours