Megacalories to Kilowatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in megacalories below to get the value converted to kilowatt-hours.
Do you want to convert kilowatt-hours to megacalories?
How to Convert Megacalories to Kilowatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in megacalories to a measurement in kilowatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1.162222 kilowatt-hours/megacalorie.
Since one megacalorie is equal to 1.162222 kilowatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilowatt-hours is equal to the energy in megacalories multiplied by 1.162222.
How Many Kilowatt-Hours Are in a Megacalorie?
There are 1.162222 kilowatt-hours in a megacalorie, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 Mcal = 1.162222 kWh
Megacalories and kilowatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megacalorie?
One megacalorie is equal to 1,000,000 calories, which is the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius. One megacalorie is equal to 4.184 megajoules.
Megacalories can be abbreviated as Mcal; for example, 1 megacalorie can be written as 1 Mcal.
Learn more about megacalories.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
Megacalorie to Kilowatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 Mcal||1.1622 kWh|
|2 Mcal||2.3244 kWh|
|3 Mcal||3.4867 kWh|
|4 Mcal||4.6489 kWh|
|5 Mcal||5.8111 kWh|
|6 Mcal||6.9733 kWh|
|7 Mcal||8.1356 kWh|
|8 Mcal||9.2978 kWh|
|9 Mcal||10.46 kWh|
|10 Mcal||11.62 kWh|
|11 Mcal||12.78 kWh|
|12 Mcal||13.95 kWh|
|13 Mcal||15.11 kWh|
|14 Mcal||16.27 kWh|
|15 Mcal||17.43 kWh|
|16 Mcal||18.6 kWh|
|17 Mcal||19.76 kWh|
|18 Mcal||20.92 kWh|
|19 Mcal||22.08 kWh|
|20 Mcal||23.24 kWh|
|21 Mcal||24.41 kWh|
|22 Mcal||25.57 kWh|
|23 Mcal||26.73 kWh|
|24 Mcal||27.89 kWh|
|25 Mcal||29.06 kWh|
|26 Mcal||30.22 kWh|
|27 Mcal||31.38 kWh|
|28 Mcal||32.54 kWh|
|29 Mcal||33.7 kWh|
|30 Mcal||34.87 kWh|
|31 Mcal||36.03 kWh|
|32 Mcal||37.19 kWh|
|33 Mcal||38.35 kWh|
|34 Mcal||39.52 kWh|
|35 Mcal||40.68 kWh|
|36 Mcal||41.84 kWh|
|37 Mcal||43 kWh|
|38 Mcal||44.16 kWh|
|39 Mcal||45.33 kWh|
|40 Mcal||46.49 kWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megacalorie & Kilowatt-Hour Conversions
- megacalories to joules
- megacalories to kilojoules
- megacalories to megajoules
- megacalories to gigajoules
- megacalories to calories
- megacalories to kilocalories
- megacalories to watt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to watt-seconds
- megacalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to million BTU
- megacalories to therms
- megacalories to quads
- megacalories to electronvolts
- megacalories to kiloelectronvolts
- megacalories to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- megajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- calories to kilowatt-hours
- kilocalories to kilowatt-hours
- watt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- million BTU to kilowatt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours