Calories to Kilowatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in calories below to get the value converted to kilowatt-hours.
Do you want to convert kilowatt-hours to calories?
How to Convert Calories to Kilowatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in calories to a measurement in kilowatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1.1622E-6 kilowatt-hours/calorie.
Since one calorie is equal to 1.1622E-6 kilowatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilowatt-hours is equal to the energy in calories multiplied by 1.1622E-6.
Calories and kilowatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Calorie?
One calorie is equal to the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius.
When measuring the energy content in foods, the large calorie, or kilocalorie is used, but it's often still just called a "calorie." When both the calorie and large calorie are used in the same context it is common to refer to the calorie as a "small calorie."
Calories can be abbreviated as cal; for example, 1 calorie can be written as 1 cal.
Learn more about calories.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
Calorie to Kilowatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 cal||0.0000011622 kWh|
|2 cal||0.0000023244 kWh|
|3 cal||0.0000034867 kWh|
|4 cal||0.0000046489 kWh|
|5 cal||0.0000058111 kWh|
|6 cal||0.0000069733 kWh|
|7 cal||0.0000081356 kWh|
|8 cal||0.0000092978 kWh|
|9 cal||0.00001046 kWh|
|10 cal||0.000011622 kWh|
|100 cal||0.000116 kWh|
|1,000 cal||0.001162 kWh|
|10,000 cal||0.011622 kWh|
|100,000 cal||0.116222 kWh|
|1,000,000 cal||1.1622 kWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Calorie & Kilowatt-Hour Conversions
- calories to joules
- calories to kilojoules
- calories to megajoules
- calories to gigajoules
- calories to kilocalories
- calories to megacalories
- calories to watt-hours
- calories to megawatt-hours
- calories to watt-seconds
- calories to british thermal units
- calories to million BTU
- calories to therms
- calories to quads
- calories to electronvolts
- calories to kiloelectronvolts
- calories to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- megajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- kilocalories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- watt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- million BTU to kilowatt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours