Megawatt-Hours to Kilowatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to kilowatt-hours.
Do you want to convert kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours?
How to Convert Megawatt-Hours to Kilowatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in megawatt-hours to a measurement in kilowatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1,000 kilowatt-hours/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 1,000 kilowatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilowatt-hours is equal to the energy in megawatt-hours multiplied by 1,000.
How Many Kilowatt-Hours Are in a Megawatt-Hour?
There are 1,000 kilowatt-hours in a megawatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 MWh = 1,000 kWh
Megawatt-hours and kilowatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
Megawatt-Hour to Kilowatt-Hour Conversion Table
|0.001 MWh||1 kWh|
|0.002 MWh||2 kWh|
|0.003 MWh||3 kWh|
|0.004 MWh||4 kWh|
|0.005 MWh||5 kWh|
|0.006 MWh||6 kWh|
|0.007 MWh||7 kWh|
|0.008 MWh||8 kWh|
|0.009 MWh||9 kWh|
|0.01 MWh||10 kWh|
|0.02 MWh||20 kWh|
|0.03 MWh||30 kWh|
|0.04 MWh||40 kWh|
|0.05 MWh||50 kWh|
|0.06 MWh||60 kWh|
|0.07 MWh||70 kWh|
|0.08 MWh||80 kWh|
|0.09 MWh||90 kWh|
|0.1 MWh||100 kWh|
|0.2 MWh||200 kWh|
|0.3 MWh||300 kWh|
|0.4 MWh||400 kWh|
|0.5 MWh||500 kWh|
|0.6 MWh||600 kWh|
|0.7 MWh||700 kWh|
|0.8 MWh||800 kWh|
|0.9 MWh||900 kWh|
|1 MWh||1,000 kWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megawatt-Hour & Kilowatt-Hour Conversions
- megawatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to kilojoules
- megawatt-hours to megajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to calories
- megawatt-hours to kilocalories
- megawatt-hours to megacalories
- megawatt-hours to watt-hours
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to therms
- megawatt-hours to quads
- megawatt-hours to electronvolts
- megawatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- megawatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- megajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- calories to kilowatt-hours
- kilocalories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- watt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- million BTU to kilowatt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours