Kilocalories to Kilowatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in kilocalories below to get the value converted to kilowatt-hours.
Do you want to convert kilowatt-hours to kilocalories?
How to Convert Kilocalories to Kilowatt-Hours
To convert a kilocalorie measurement to a kilowatt-hour measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one kilocalorie is equal to 0.001162 kilowatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilowatt-hours is equal to the kilocalories multiplied by 0.001162.
Kilocalories and kilowatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Kilocalorie?
One kilocalorie, is equal to the heat needed to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius.
Kilocalories can be abbreviated as kcal; for example, 1 kilocalorie can be written as 1 kcal.
When being used to measure nutrition or metabolic processes, the large calorie is used, which is equal to one kilocalorie.
Learn more about kilocalories.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
Kilocalorie to Kilowatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 kcal||0.001162 kWh|
|2 kcal||0.002324 kWh|
|3 kcal||0.003487 kWh|
|4 kcal||0.004649 kWh|
|5 kcal||0.005811 kWh|
|6 kcal||0.006973 kWh|
|7 kcal||0.008136 kWh|
|8 kcal||0.009298 kWh|
|9 kcal||0.01046 kWh|
|10 kcal||0.011622 kWh|
|20 kcal||0.023244 kWh|
|30 kcal||0.034867 kWh|
|40 kcal||0.046489 kWh|
|50 kcal||0.058111 kWh|
|60 kcal||0.069733 kWh|
|70 kcal||0.081356 kWh|
|80 kcal||0.092978 kWh|
|90 kcal||0.1046 kWh|
|100 kcal||0.116222 kWh|
|200 kcal||0.232444 kWh|
|300 kcal||0.348667 kWh|
|400 kcal||0.464889 kWh|
|500 kcal||0.581111 kWh|
|600 kcal||0.697333 kWh|
|700 kcal||0.813556 kWh|
|800 kcal||0.929778 kWh|
|900 kcal||1.046 kWh|
|1,000 kcal||1.1622 kWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Kilocalorie & Kilowatt-Hour Conversions
- kilocalories to joules
- kilocalories to kilojoules
- kilocalories to megajoules
- kilocalories to gigajoules
- kilocalories to calories
- kilocalories to megacalories
- kilocalories to watt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to watt-seconds
- kilocalories to british thermal units
- kilocalories to million BTU
- kilocalories to therms
- kilocalories to quads
- kilocalories to electronvolts
- kilocalories to kiloelectronvolts
- kilocalories to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- megajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- calories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- watt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- million BTU to kilowatt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours