Kilocalories to Watt-Seconds Converter
Enter the energy in kilocalories below to get the value converted to watt-seconds.
Do you want to convert watt-seconds to kilocalories?
How to Convert Kilocalories to Watt-Seconds
To convert a measurement in kilocalories to a measurement in watt-seconds, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 4,184 watt-seconds/kilocalorie.
Since one kilocalorie is equal to 4,184 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in watt-seconds is equal to the energy in kilocalories multiplied by 4,184.
How Many Watt-Seconds Are in a Kilocalorie?
There are 4,184 watt-seconds in a kilocalorie, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 kcal = 4,184 Ws
Kilocalories and watt-seconds are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Kilocalorie?
One kilocalorie, is equal to the heat needed to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius.
Kilocalories can be abbreviated as kcal; for example, 1 kilocalorie can be written as 1 kcal.
When being used to measure nutrition or metabolic processes, the large calorie is used, which is equal to one kilocalorie.
Learn more about kilocalories.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
Kilocalorie to Watt-Second Conversion Table
|0.001 kcal||4.184 Ws|
|0.002 kcal||8.368 Ws|
|0.003 kcal||12.55 Ws|
|0.004 kcal||16.74 Ws|
|0.005 kcal||20.92 Ws|
|0.006 kcal||25.1 Ws|
|0.007 kcal||29.29 Ws|
|0.008 kcal||33.47 Ws|
|0.009 kcal||37.66 Ws|
|0.01 kcal||41.84 Ws|
|0.02 kcal||83.68 Ws|
|0.03 kcal||125.52 Ws|
|0.04 kcal||167.36 Ws|
|0.05 kcal||209.2 Ws|
|0.06 kcal||251.04 Ws|
|0.07 kcal||292.88 Ws|
|0.08 kcal||334.72 Ws|
|0.09 kcal||376.56 Ws|
|0.1 kcal||418.4 Ws|
|0.2 kcal||836.8 Ws|
|0.3 kcal||1,255 Ws|
|0.4 kcal||1,674 Ws|
|0.5 kcal||2,092 Ws|
|0.6 kcal||2,510 Ws|
|0.7 kcal||2,929 Ws|
|0.8 kcal||3,347 Ws|
|0.9 kcal||3,766 Ws|
|1 kcal||4,184 Ws|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Kilocalorie & Watt-Second Conversions
- kilocalories to joules
- kilocalories to kilojoules
- kilocalories to megajoules
- kilocalories to gigajoules
- kilocalories to calories
- kilocalories to megacalories
- kilocalories to watt-hours
- kilocalories to kilowatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to british thermal units
- kilocalories to million BTU
- kilocalories to therms
- kilocalories to quads
- kilocalories to electronvolts
- kilocalories to kiloelectronvolts
- kilocalories to megaelectronvolts
- joules to watt-seconds
- kilojoules to watt-seconds
- megajoules to watt-seconds
- gigajoules to watt-seconds
- calories to watt-seconds
- megacalories to watt-seconds
- watt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- british thermal units to watt-seconds
- million BTU to watt-seconds
- therms to watt-seconds
- quads to watt-seconds
- electronvolts to watt-seconds
- kiloelectronvolts to watt-seconds
- megaelectronvolts to watt-seconds