Gigajoules to Watt-Seconds Converter
Enter the energy in gigajoules below to get the value converted to watt-seconds.
Do you want to convert watt-seconds to gigajoules?
How to Convert Gigajoules to Watt-Seconds
To convert a gigajoule measurement to a watt-second measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one gigajoule is equal to 1,000,000,000 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in watt-seconds is equal to the gigajoules multiplied by 1,000,000,000.
How Many Watt-Seconds Are in a Gigajoule?
There are 1,000,000,000 watt-seconds in a gigajoule, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 GJ = 1,000,000,000 Ws
Gigajoules and watt-seconds are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Gigajoule?
One gigajoule is equal to 1,000,000,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The gigajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "giga" is the prefix for 109. Gigajoules can be abbreviated as GJ; for example, 1 gigajoule can be written as 1 GJ.
Learn more about gigajoules.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
Gigajoule to Watt-Second Conversion Table
|0.000000001 GJ||1 Ws|
|0.000000002 GJ||2 Ws|
|0.000000003 GJ||3 Ws|
|0.000000004 GJ||4 Ws|
|0.000000005 GJ||5 Ws|
|0.000000006 GJ||6 Ws|
|0.000000007 GJ||7 Ws|
|0.000000008 GJ||8 Ws|
|0.000000009 GJ||9 Ws|
|0.0000000001 GJ||0.1 Ws|
|0.000000001 GJ||1 Ws|
|0.00000001 GJ||10 Ws|
|0.0000001 GJ||100 Ws|
|0.000001 GJ||1,000 Ws|
|0.00001 GJ||10,000 Ws|
|0.0001 GJ||100,000 Ws|
|0.001 GJ||1,000,000 Ws|
|0.01 GJ||10,000,000 Ws|
|0.1 GJ||100,000,000 Ws|
|1 GJ||1,000,000,000 Ws|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Gigajoule & Watt-Second Conversions
- gigajoules to joules
- gigajoules to kilojoules
- gigajoules to megajoules
- gigajoules to calories
- gigajoules to kilocalories
- gigajoules to megacalories
- gigajoules to watt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to british thermal units
- gigajoules to million BTU
- gigajoules to therms
- gigajoules to quads
- gigajoules to electronvolts
- gigajoules to kiloelectronvolts
- gigajoules to megaelectronvolts
- joules to watt-seconds
- kilojoules to watt-seconds
- megajoules to watt-seconds
- calories to watt-seconds
- kilocalories to watt-seconds
- megacalories to watt-seconds
- watt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- british thermal units to watt-seconds
- million BTU to watt-seconds
- therms to watt-seconds
- quads to watt-seconds
- electronvolts to watt-seconds
- kiloelectronvolts to watt-seconds
- megaelectronvolts to watt-seconds