Megacalories to Watt-Seconds Converter
Enter the energy in megacalories below to get the value converted to watt-seconds.
Do you want to convert watt-seconds to megacalories?
How to Convert Megacalories to Watt-Seconds
To convert a measurement in megacalories to a measurement in watt-seconds, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 4,184,000 watt-seconds/megacalorie.
Since one megacalorie is equal to 4,184,000 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in watt-seconds is equal to the energy in megacalories multiplied by 4,184,000.
How Many Watt-Seconds Are in a Megacalorie?
There are 4,184,000 watt-seconds in a megacalorie, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 Mcal = 4,184,000 Ws
Megacalories and watt-seconds are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megacalorie?
One megacalorie is equal to 1,000,000 calories, which is the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius. One megacalorie is equal to 4.184 megajoules.
Megacalories can be abbreviated as Mcal; for example, 1 megacalorie can be written as 1 Mcal.
Learn more about megacalories.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
Megacalorie to Watt-Second Conversion Table
|0.000001 Mcal||4.184 Ws|
|0.000002 Mcal||8.368 Ws|
|0.000003 Mcal||12.55 Ws|
|0.000004 Mcal||16.74 Ws|
|0.000005 Mcal||20.92 Ws|
|0.000006 Mcal||25.1 Ws|
|0.000007 Mcal||29.29 Ws|
|0.000008 Mcal||33.47 Ws|
|0.000009 Mcal||37.66 Ws|
|0.0000001 Mcal||0.4184 Ws|
|0.000001 Mcal||4.184 Ws|
|0.00001 Mcal||41.84 Ws|
|0.0001 Mcal||418.4 Ws|
|0.001 Mcal||4,184 Ws|
|0.01 Mcal||41,840 Ws|
|0.1 Mcal||418,400 Ws|
|1 Mcal||4,184,000 Ws|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megacalorie & Watt-Second Conversions
- megacalories to joules
- megacalories to kilojoules
- megacalories to megajoules
- megacalories to gigajoules
- megacalories to calories
- megacalories to kilocalories
- megacalories to watt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to million BTU
- megacalories to therms
- megacalories to quads
- megacalories to electronvolts
- megacalories to kiloelectronvolts
- megacalories to megaelectronvolts
- joules to watt-seconds
- kilojoules to watt-seconds
- megajoules to watt-seconds
- gigajoules to watt-seconds
- calories to watt-seconds
- kilocalories to watt-seconds
- watt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- british thermal units to watt-seconds
- million BTU to watt-seconds
- therms to watt-seconds
- quads to watt-seconds
- electronvolts to watt-seconds
- kiloelectronvolts to watt-seconds
- megaelectronvolts to watt-seconds