Watt-Seconds to Megacalories Converter
Enter the energy in watt-seconds below to get the value converted to megacalories.
Do you want to convert megacalories to watt-seconds?
How to Convert Watt-Seconds to Megacalories
To convert a watt-second measurement to a megacalorie measurement, divide the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one megacalorie is equal to 4,184,000 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megacalories is equal to the watt-seconds divided by 4,184,000.
Watt-seconds and megacalories are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
What is a Megacalorie?
One megacalorie is equal to 1,000,000 calories, which is the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius. One megacalorie is equal to 4.184 megajoules.
Megacalories can be abbreviated as Mcal; for example, 1 megacalorie can be written as 1 Mcal.
Learn more about megacalories.
Watt-Second to Megacalorie Conversion Table
|1 Ws||0.00000023901 Mcal|
|2 Ws||0.00000047801 Mcal|
|3 Ws||0.00000071702 Mcal|
|4 Ws||0.00000095602 Mcal|
|5 Ws||0.000001195 Mcal|
|6 Ws||0.000001434 Mcal|
|7 Ws||0.000001673 Mcal|
|8 Ws||0.000001912 Mcal|
|9 Ws||0.0000021511 Mcal|
|10 Ws||0.0000023901 Mcal|
|100 Ws||0.000023901 Mcal|
|1,000 Ws||0.000239 Mcal|
|10,000 Ws||0.00239 Mcal|
|100,000 Ws||0.023901 Mcal|
|1,000,000 Ws||0.239006 Mcal|
|10,000,000 Ws||2.3901 Mcal|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Second & Megacalorie Conversions
- watt-seconds to joules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to megajoules
- watt-seconds to gigajoules
- watt-seconds to calories
- watt-seconds to kilocalories
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to million BTU
- watt-seconds to therms
- watt-seconds to quads
- watt-seconds to electronvolts
- watt-seconds to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-seconds to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megacalories
- kilojoules to megacalories
- megajoules to megacalories
- gigajoules to megacalories
- calories to megacalories
- kilocalories to megacalories
- watt-hours to megacalories
- kilowatt-hours to megacalories
- megawatt-hours to megacalories
- british thermal units to megacalories
- million BTU to megacalories
- therms to megacalories
- quads to megacalories
- electronvolts to megacalories
- kiloelectronvolts to megacalories
- megaelectronvolts to megacalories