Watt-Seconds to British Thermal Units Converter
Enter the energy in watt-seconds below to get the value converted to british thermal units.
Do you want to convert british thermal units to watt-seconds?
How to Convert Watt-Seconds to British Thermal Units
To convert a measurement in watt-seconds to a measurement in british thermal units, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 0.000948 british thermal units/watt-second.
Since one watt-second is equal to 0.000948 british thermal units, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in british thermal units is equal to the energy in watt-seconds multiplied by 0.000948.
Watt-seconds and british thermal units are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
Watt-Second to British Thermal Unit Conversion Table
|Watt-seconds||British Thermal Units|
|1 Ws||0.000948 BTU|
|2 Ws||0.001896 BTU|
|3 Ws||0.002843 BTU|
|4 Ws||0.003791 BTU|
|5 Ws||0.004739 BTU|
|6 Ws||0.005687 BTU|
|7 Ws||0.006635 BTU|
|8 Ws||0.007583 BTU|
|9 Ws||0.00853 BTU|
|10 Ws||0.009478 BTU|
|20 Ws||0.018956 BTU|
|30 Ws||0.028435 BTU|
|40 Ws||0.037913 BTU|
|50 Ws||0.047391 BTU|
|60 Ws||0.056869 BTU|
|70 Ws||0.066347 BTU|
|80 Ws||0.075825 BTU|
|90 Ws||0.085304 BTU|
|100 Ws||0.094782 BTU|
|200 Ws||0.189563 BTU|
|300 Ws||0.284345 BTU|
|400 Ws||0.379127 BTU|
|500 Ws||0.473909 BTU|
|600 Ws||0.56869 BTU|
|700 Ws||0.663472 BTU|
|800 Ws||0.758254 BTU|
|900 Ws||0.853035 BTU|
|1,000 Ws||0.947817 BTU|
|2,000 Ws||1.8956 BTU|
|3,000 Ws||2.8435 BTU|
|4,000 Ws||3.7913 BTU|
|5,000 Ws||4.7391 BTU|
|6,000 Ws||5.6869 BTU|
|7,000 Ws||6.6347 BTU|
|8,000 Ws||7.5825 BTU|
|9,000 Ws||8.5304 BTU|
|10,000 Ws||9.4782 BTU|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Second & British Thermal Unit Conversions
- watt-seconds to joules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to megajoules
- watt-seconds to gigajoules
- watt-seconds to calories
- watt-seconds to kilocalories
- watt-seconds to megacalories
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to million BTU
- watt-seconds to therms
- watt-seconds to quads
- watt-seconds to electronvolts
- watt-seconds to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-seconds to megaelectronvolts
- joules to british thermal units
- kilojoules to british thermal units
- megajoules to british thermal units
- gigajoules to british thermal units
- calories to british thermal units
- kilocalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to british thermal units
- watt-hours to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- million BTU to british thermal units
- therms to british thermal units
- quads to british thermal units
- electronvolts to british thermal units
- kiloelectronvolts to british thermal units
- megaelectronvolts to british thermal units