Gigajoules to British Thermal Units Converter
Enter the energy in gigajoules below to get the value converted to british thermal units.
Do you want to convert british thermal units to gigajoules?
How to Convert Gigajoules to British Thermal Units
To convert a measurement in gigajoules to a measurement in british thermal units, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 947,817.120313 british thermal units/gigajoule.
Since one gigajoule is equal to 947,817.120313 british thermal units, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in british thermal units is equal to the energy in gigajoules multiplied by 947,817.120313.
How Many British Thermal Units Are in a Gigajoule?
There are 947,817.120313 british thermal units in a gigajoule, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 GJ = 947,817.120313 BTU
Gigajoules and british thermal units are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Gigajoule?
One gigajoule is equal to 1,000,000,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The gigajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "giga" is the prefix for billions, or 109. Gigajoules can be abbreviated as GJ; for example, 1 gigajoule can be written as 1 GJ.
Learn more about gigajoules.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
Gigajoule to British Thermal Unit Conversion Table
|Gigajoules||British Thermal Units|
|0.00001 GJ||9.4782 BTU|
|0.00002 GJ||18.96 BTU|
|0.00003 GJ||28.43 BTU|
|0.00004 GJ||37.91 BTU|
|0.00005 GJ||47.39 BTU|
|0.00006 GJ||56.87 BTU|
|0.00007 GJ||66.35 BTU|
|0.00008 GJ||75.83 BTU|
|0.00009 GJ||85.3 BTU|
|0.000001 GJ||0.947817 BTU|
|0.00001 GJ||9.4782 BTU|
|0.0001 GJ||94.78 BTU|
|0.001 GJ||947.82 BTU|
|0.01 GJ||9,478 BTU|
|0.1 GJ||94,782 BTU|
|1 GJ||947,817 BTU|
More Gigajoule & British Thermal Unit Conversions
- gigajoules to joules
- gigajoules to kilojoules
- gigajoules to megajoules
- gigajoules to calories
- gigajoules to kilocalories
- gigajoules to megacalories
- gigajoules to watt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to watt-seconds
- gigajoules to million BTU
- gigajoules to therms
- gigajoules to quads
- gigajoules to electronvolts
- gigajoules to kiloelectronvolts
- gigajoules to megaelectronvolts
- joules to british thermal units
- kilojoules to british thermal units
- megajoules to british thermal units
- calories to british thermal units
- kilocalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to british thermal units
- watt-hours to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- million BTU to british thermal units
- therms to british thermal units
- quads to british thermal units
- electronvolts to british thermal units
- kiloelectronvolts to british thermal units
- megaelectronvolts to british thermal units