Joules to British Thermal Units Converter
Enter the energy in joules below to get the value converted to british thermal units.
Do you want to convert british thermal units to joules?
How to Convert Joules to British Thermal Units
To convert a measurement in joules to a measurement in british thermal units, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 0.000948 british thermal units/joule.
Since one joule is equal to 0.000948 british thermal units, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in british thermal units is equal to the energy in joules multiplied by 0.000948.
Joules and british thermal units are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Joule?
The joule is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter. One joule is equal to the heat energy dissipated by the current of one ampere through one ohm of resistance for one second.
One joule is also equal to the energy needed to move an electric charge of one coulomb through a potential difference of one volt. In addition, one joule is also equal to the one watt-second.
The joule is the SI derived unit for energy in the metric system. Joules can be abbreviated as J; for example, 1 joule can be written as 1 J.
Learn more about joules.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
Joule to British Thermal Unit Conversion Table
|Joules||British Thermal Units|
|1 J||0.000948 BTU|
|2 J||0.001896 BTU|
|3 J||0.002843 BTU|
|4 J||0.003791 BTU|
|5 J||0.004739 BTU|
|6 J||0.005687 BTU|
|7 J||0.006635 BTU|
|8 J||0.007583 BTU|
|9 J||0.00853 BTU|
|10 J||0.009478 BTU|
|20 J||0.018956 BTU|
|30 J||0.028435 BTU|
|40 J||0.037913 BTU|
|50 J||0.047391 BTU|
|60 J||0.056869 BTU|
|70 J||0.066347 BTU|
|80 J||0.075825 BTU|
|90 J||0.085304 BTU|
|100 J||0.094782 BTU|
|200 J||0.189563 BTU|
|300 J||0.284345 BTU|
|400 J||0.379127 BTU|
|500 J||0.473909 BTU|
|600 J||0.56869 BTU|
|700 J||0.663472 BTU|
|800 J||0.758254 BTU|
|900 J||0.853035 BTU|
|1,000 J||0.947817 BTU|
|2,000 J||1.8956 BTU|
|3,000 J||2.8435 BTU|
|4,000 J||3.7913 BTU|
|5,000 J||4.7391 BTU|
|6,000 J||5.6869 BTU|
|7,000 J||6.6347 BTU|
|8,000 J||7.5825 BTU|
|9,000 J||8.5304 BTU|
|10,000 J||9.4782 BTU|
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures, The International System of Units, 9th Edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Joule & British Thermal Unit Conversions
- joules to kilojoules
- joules to megajoules
- joules to gigajoules
- joules to calories
- joules to kilocalories
- joules to megacalories
- joules to watt-hours
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- joules to megawatt-hours
- joules to watt-seconds
- joules to million BTU
- joules to therms
- joules to quads
- joules to electronvolts
- joules to kiloelectronvolts
- joules to megaelectronvolts
- kilojoules to british thermal units
- megajoules to british thermal units
- gigajoules to british thermal units
- calories to british thermal units
- kilocalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to british thermal units
- watt-hours to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- million BTU to british thermal units
- therms to british thermal units
- quads to british thermal units
- electronvolts to british thermal units
- kiloelectronvolts to british thermal units
- megaelectronvolts to british thermal units