Joules to Megaelectronvolts Converter
Enter the energy in joules below to get the value converted to megaelectronvolts.
Do you want to convert megaelectronvolts to joules?
How to Convert Joules to Megaelectronvolts
To convert a measurement in joules to a measurement in megaelectronvolts, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 6,241,509,343,260.2 megaelectronvolts/joule.
Since one joule is equal to 6,241,509,343,260.2 megaelectronvolts, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megaelectronvolts is equal to the energy in joules multiplied by 6,241,509,343,260.2.
How Many Megaelectronvolts Are in a Joule?
There are 6,241,509,343,260.2 megaelectronvolts in a joule, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 J = 6,241,509,343,260.2 MeV
Joules and megaelectronvolts are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Joule?
The joule is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter. One joule is equal to the heat energy dissipated by the current of one ampere through one ohm of resistance for one second.
One joule is also equal to the energy needed to move an electric charge of one coulomb through a potential difference of one volt. In addition, one joule is also equal to the one watt-second.
The joule is the SI derived unit for energy in the metric system. Joules can be abbreviated as J; for example, 1 joule can be written as 1 J.
Learn more about joules.
What is a Megaelectronvolt?
Megaelectronvolts can be abbreviated as MeV; for example, 1 megaelectronvolt can be written as 1 MeV.
Learn more about megaelectronvolts.
Joule to Megaelectronvolt Conversion Table
|0.000000000001 J||6.2415 MeV|
|0.000000000002 J||12.48 MeV|
|0.000000000003 J||18.72 MeV|
|0.000000000004 J||24.97 MeV|
|0.000000000005 J||31.21 MeV|
|0.000000000006 J||37.45 MeV|
|0.000000000007 J||43.69 MeV|
|0.000000000008 J||49.93 MeV|
|0.000000000009 J||56.17 MeV|
|0.0000000000001 J||0.624151 MeV|
|0.000000000001 J||6.2415 MeV|
|0.00000000001 J||62.42 MeV|
|0.0000000001 J||624.15 MeV|
|0.000000001 J||6,242 MeV|
|0.00000001 J||62,415 MeV|
|0.0000001 J||624,151 MeV|
|0.000001 J||6,241,509 MeV|
|0.00001 J||62,415,093 MeV|
|0.0001 J||624,150,934 MeV|
|0.001 J||6,241,509,343 MeV|
|0.01 J||62,415,093,433 MeV|
|0.1 J||624,150,934,326 MeV|
|1 J||6,241,509,343,260 MeV|
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures, The International System of Units, 9th Edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Joule & Megaelectronvolt Conversions
- joules to kilojoules
- joules to megajoules
- joules to gigajoules
- joules to calories
- joules to kilocalories
- joules to megacalories
- joules to watt-hours
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- joules to megawatt-hours
- joules to watt-seconds
- joules to british thermal units
- joules to million BTU
- joules to therms
- joules to quads
- joules to electronvolts
- joules to kiloelectronvolts
- kilojoules to megaelectronvolts
- megajoules to megaelectronvolts
- gigajoules to megaelectronvolts
- calories to megaelectronvolts
- kilocalories to megaelectronvolts
- megacalories to megaelectronvolts
- watt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- megawatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- watt-seconds to megaelectronvolts
- british thermal units to megaelectronvolts
- million BTU to megaelectronvolts
- therms to megaelectronvolts
- quads to megaelectronvolts
- electronvolts to megaelectronvolts
- kiloelectronvolts to megaelectronvolts