Convert Joules to Quads
Enter the energy in joules below to get the value converted to quads.
How to Convert Joules to Quads
To convert a joule measurement to a quad measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One joule is equal to 9.4782E-19 quads, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in quads is equal to the joules multiplied by 9.4782E-19.
Joules and quads are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The joule is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter. One joule is equal to the heat energy dissipated by the current of one ampere through one ohm of resistance for one second.
The joule is the SI derived unit for energy in the metric system. Joules can be abbreviated as J, for example 1 joule can be written as 1 J.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
Joule Measurements and Equivalent Quad Conversions
More Joule Energy Conversions
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 J is equal to 0.001 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 J is equal to 1.0E-6 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 J is equal to 1.0E-9 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 J is equal to 0.239006 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 J is equal to 0.000239 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 J is equal to 2.3901E-7 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 J is equal to 0.000278 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 J is equal to 2.7778E-7 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 J is equal to 2.7778E-10 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 J is equal to 1 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 J is equal to 0.000948 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 J is equal to 9.4782E-10 million BTU
- Convert to Therms
- 1 J is equal to 9.4782E-9 therms