Convert Kilowatt-hours to Quads
Enter the energy in kilowatt-hours below to get the value converted to quads.
How to Convert Kilowatt-hours to Quads
To convert a kilowatt-hour measurement to a quad measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One kilowatt-hour is equal to 3.4121E-12 quads, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in quads is equal to the kilowatt-hours multiplied by 3.4121E-12.
Kilowatt-hours and quads are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours can be abbreviated as kWh, for example 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
Kilowatt-hour Measurements and Equivalent Quad Conversions
More Kilowatt-hour Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,600,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,600 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 kWh is equal to 3.6 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.0036 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 kWh is equal to 860,420.7 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 kWh is equal to 860.42065 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.860421 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 kWh is equal to 1,000 watt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.001 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,600,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 kWh is equal to 3,412.14 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.003412 million BTU
- Convert to Therms
- 1 kWh is equal to 0.034121 therms