Kilowatt-Hours to Kilojoules Converter
Enter the energy in kilowatt-hours below to get the value converted to kilojoules.
Do you want to convert kilojoules to kilowatt-hours?
How to Convert Kilowatt-Hours to Kilojoules
To convert a kilowatt-hour measurement to a kilojoule measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one kilowatt-hour is equal to 3,600 kilojoules, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilojoules is equal to the kilowatt-hours multiplied by 3,600.
How Many Kilojoules Are in a Kilowatt-Hour?
There are 3,600 kilojoules in a kilowatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 kWh = 3,600 kJ
Kilowatt-hours and kilojoules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
What is a Kilojoule?
One kilojoule is equal to 1,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The kilojoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "kilo" is the prefix for 103. Kilojoules can be abbreviated as kJ; for example, 1 kilojoule can be written as 1 kJ.
Learn more about kilojoules.
Kilowatt-Hour to Kilojoule Conversion Table
|0.001 kWh||3.6 kJ|
|0.002 kWh||7.2 kJ|
|0.003 kWh||10.8 kJ|
|0.004 kWh||14.4 kJ|
|0.005 kWh||18 kJ|
|0.006 kWh||21.6 kJ|
|0.007 kWh||25.2 kJ|
|0.008 kWh||28.8 kJ|
|0.009 kWh||32.4 kJ|
|0.01 kWh||36 kJ|
|0.02 kWh||72 kJ|
|0.03 kWh||108 kJ|
|0.04 kWh||144 kJ|
|0.05 kWh||180 kJ|
|0.06 kWh||216 kJ|
|0.07 kWh||252 kJ|
|0.08 kWh||288 kJ|
|0.09 kWh||324 kJ|
|0.1 kWh||360 kJ|
|0.2 kWh||720 kJ|
|0.3 kWh||1,080 kJ|
|0.4 kWh||1,440 kJ|
|0.5 kWh||1,800 kJ|
|0.6 kWh||2,160 kJ|
|0.7 kWh||2,520 kJ|
|0.8 kWh||2,880 kJ|
|0.9 kWh||3,240 kJ|
|1 kWh||3,600 kJ|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Kilowatt-Hour & Kilojoule Conversions
- kilowatt-hours to joules
- kilowatt-hours to megajoules
- kilowatt-hours to gigajoules
- kilowatt-hours to calories
- kilowatt-hours to kilocalories
- kilowatt-hours to megacalories
- kilowatt-hours to watt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to british thermal units
- kilowatt-hours to million BTU
- kilowatt-hours to therms
- kilowatt-hours to quads
- kilowatt-hours to electronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- kilowatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilojoules
- megajoules to kilojoules
- gigajoules to kilojoules
- calories to kilojoules
- kilocalories to kilojoules
- megacalories to kilojoules
- watt-hours to kilojoules
- megawatt-hours to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- british thermal units to kilojoules
- million BTU to kilojoules
- therms to kilojoules
- quads to kilojoules
- electronvolts to kilojoules
- kiloelectronvolts to kilojoules
- megaelectronvolts to kilojoules