Megawatt-Hours to Kilojoules Converter
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to kilojoules.
Do you want to convert kilojoules to megawatt-hours?
How to Convert Megawatt-Hours to Kilojoules
To convert a megawatt-hour measurement to a kilojoule measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 3,600,000 kilojoules, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilojoules is equal to the megawatt-hours multiplied by 3,600,000.
How Many Kilojoules Are in a Megawatt-Hour?
There are 3,600,000 kilojoules in a megawatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 MWh = 3,600,000 kJ
Megawatt-hours and kilojoules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
What is a Kilojoule?
One kilojoule is equal to 1,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The kilojoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "kilo" is the prefix for thousands, or 103. Kilojoules can be abbreviated as kJ; for example, 1 kilojoule can be written as 1 kJ.
Learn more about kilojoules.
Megawatt-Hour to Kilojoule Conversion Table
|0.000001 MWh||3.6 kJ|
|0.000002 MWh||7.2 kJ|
|0.000003 MWh||10.8 kJ|
|0.000004 MWh||14.4 kJ|
|0.000005 MWh||18 kJ|
|0.000006 MWh||21.6 kJ|
|0.000007 MWh||25.2 kJ|
|0.000008 MWh||28.8 kJ|
|0.000009 MWh||32.4 kJ|
|0.0000001 MWh||0.36 kJ|
|0.000001 MWh||3.6 kJ|
|0.00001 MWh||36 kJ|
|0.0001 MWh||360 kJ|
|0.001 MWh||3,600 kJ|
|0.01 MWh||36,000 kJ|
|0.1 MWh||360,000 kJ|
|1 MWh||3,600,000 kJ|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megawatt-Hour & Kilojoule Conversions
- megawatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to megajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to calories
- megawatt-hours to kilocalories
- megawatt-hours to megacalories
- megawatt-hours to watt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to therms
- megawatt-hours to quads
- megawatt-hours to electronvolts
- megawatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- megawatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilojoules
- megajoules to kilojoules
- gigajoules to kilojoules
- calories to kilojoules
- kilocalories to kilojoules
- megacalories to kilojoules
- watt-hours to kilojoules
- kilowatt-hours to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- british thermal units to kilojoules
- million BTU to kilojoules
- therms to kilojoules
- quads to kilojoules
- electronvolts to kilojoules
- kiloelectronvolts to kilojoules
- megaelectronvolts to kilojoules