Megawatt-Hours to Watt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to watt-hours.
Do you want to convert watt-hours to megawatt-hours?
How to Convert Megawatt-Hours to Watt-Hours
To convert a measurement in megawatt-hours to a measurement in watt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1,000,000 watt-hours/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 1,000,000 watt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in watt-hours is equal to the energy in megawatt-hours multiplied by 1,000,000.
How Many Watt-Hours Are in a Megawatt-Hour?
There are 1,000,000 watt-hours in a megawatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 MWh = 1,000,000 Wh
Megawatt-hours and watt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
What is a Watt-Hour?
The watt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one hour period.
Watt-hours are usually abbreviated as Wh, although the formally adopted expression is W·h. The abbreviation W h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-hour can be written as 1 Wh, 1 W·h, or 1 W h.
Learn more about watt-hours.
Megawatt-Hour to Watt-Hour Conversion Table
|0.000001 MWh||1 Wh|
|0.000002 MWh||2 Wh|
|0.000003 MWh||3 Wh|
|0.000004 MWh||4 Wh|
|0.000005 MWh||5 Wh|
|0.000006 MWh||6 Wh|
|0.000007 MWh||7 Wh|
|0.000008 MWh||8 Wh|
|0.000009 MWh||9 Wh|
|0.0000001 MWh||0.1 Wh|
|0.000001 MWh||1 Wh|
|0.00001 MWh||10 Wh|
|0.0001 MWh||100 Wh|
|0.001 MWh||1,000 Wh|
|0.01 MWh||10,000 Wh|
|0.1 MWh||100,000 Wh|
|1 MWh||1,000,000 Wh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megawatt-Hour & Watt-Hour Conversions
- megawatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to kilojoules
- megawatt-hours to megajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to calories
- megawatt-hours to kilocalories
- megawatt-hours to megacalories
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to therms
- megawatt-hours to quads
- megawatt-hours to electronvolts
- megawatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- megawatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to watt-hours
- kilojoules to watt-hours
- megajoules to watt-hours
- gigajoules to watt-hours
- calories to watt-hours
- kilocalories to watt-hours
- megacalories to watt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- british thermal units to watt-hours
- million BTU to watt-hours
- therms to watt-hours
- quads to watt-hours
- electronvolts to watt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to watt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to watt-hours