Megawatt-Hours to Megacalories Converter
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to megacalories.
Do you want to convert megacalories to megawatt-hours?
How to Convert Megawatt-Hours to Megacalories
To convert a measurement in megawatt-hours to a measurement in megacalories, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 860.42065 megacalories/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 860.42065 megacalories, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megacalories is equal to the energy in megawatt-hours multiplied by 860.42065.
How Many Megacalories Are in a Megawatt-Hour?
There are 860.42065 megacalories in a megawatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 MWh = 860.42065 Mcal
Megawatt-hours and megacalories are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
What is a Megacalorie?
One megacalorie is equal to 1,000,000 calories, which is the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius. One megacalorie is equal to 4.184 megajoules.
Megacalories can be abbreviated as Mcal; for example, 1 megacalorie can be written as 1 Mcal.
Learn more about megacalories.
Megawatt-Hour to Megacalorie Conversion Table
|1 MWh||860.42 Mcal|
|2 MWh||1,721 Mcal|
|3 MWh||2,581 Mcal|
|4 MWh||3,442 Mcal|
|5 MWh||4,302 Mcal|
|6 MWh||5,163 Mcal|
|7 MWh||6,023 Mcal|
|8 MWh||6,883 Mcal|
|9 MWh||7,744 Mcal|
|10 MWh||8,604 Mcal|
|11 MWh||9,465 Mcal|
|12 MWh||10,325 Mcal|
|13 MWh||11,185 Mcal|
|14 MWh||12,046 Mcal|
|15 MWh||12,906 Mcal|
|16 MWh||13,767 Mcal|
|17 MWh||14,627 Mcal|
|18 MWh||15,488 Mcal|
|19 MWh||16,348 Mcal|
|20 MWh||17,208 Mcal|
|21 MWh||18,069 Mcal|
|22 MWh||18,929 Mcal|
|23 MWh||19,790 Mcal|
|24 MWh||20,650 Mcal|
|25 MWh||21,511 Mcal|
|26 MWh||22,371 Mcal|
|27 MWh||23,231 Mcal|
|28 MWh||24,092 Mcal|
|29 MWh||24,952 Mcal|
|30 MWh||25,813 Mcal|
|31 MWh||26,673 Mcal|
|32 MWh||27,533 Mcal|
|33 MWh||28,394 Mcal|
|34 MWh||29,254 Mcal|
|35 MWh||30,115 Mcal|
|36 MWh||30,975 Mcal|
|37 MWh||31,836 Mcal|
|38 MWh||32,696 Mcal|
|39 MWh||33,556 Mcal|
|40 MWh||34,417 Mcal|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megawatt-Hour & Megacalorie Conversions
- megawatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to kilojoules
- megawatt-hours to megajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to calories
- megawatt-hours to kilocalories
- megawatt-hours to watt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to therms
- megawatt-hours to quads
- megawatt-hours to electronvolts
- megawatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- megawatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megacalories
- kilojoules to megacalories
- megajoules to megacalories
- gigajoules to megacalories
- calories to megacalories
- kilocalories to megacalories
- watt-hours to megacalories
- kilowatt-hours to megacalories
- watt-seconds to megacalories
- british thermal units to megacalories
- million BTU to megacalories
- therms to megacalories
- quads to megacalories
- electronvolts to megacalories
- kiloelectronvolts to megacalories
- megaelectronvolts to megacalories