Megawatt-Hours to Therms Converter
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to therms.
Do you want to convert therms to megawatt-hours?
How to Convert Megawatt-Hours to Therms
To convert a measurement in megawatt-hours to a measurement in therms, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 34.121416 therms/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 34.121416 therms, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the energy in megawatt-hours multiplied by 34.121416.
How Many Therms Are in a Megawatt-Hour?
There are 34.121416 therms in a megawatt-hour, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 MWh = 34.121416 therms
Megawatt-hours and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
What is a Therm?
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Learn more about therms.
Megawatt-Hour to Therm Conversion Table
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megawatt-Hour & Therm Conversions
- megawatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to kilojoules
- megawatt-hours to megajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to calories
- megawatt-hours to kilocalories
- megawatt-hours to megacalories
- megawatt-hours to watt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to british thermal units
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to quads
- megawatt-hours to electronvolts
- megawatt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- megawatt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to therms
- kilojoules to therms
- megajoules to therms
- gigajoules to therms
- calories to therms
- kilocalories to therms
- megacalories to therms
- watt-hours to therms
- kilowatt-hours to therms
- watt-seconds to therms
- british thermal units to therms
- million BTU to therms
- quads to therms
- electronvolts to therms
- kiloelectronvolts to therms
- megaelectronvolts to therms