Convert Megawatt-hours to Therms
Enter the energy in megawatt-hours below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Megawatt-hours to Therms
To convert a megawatt-hour measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One megawatt-hour is equal to 34.121416 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the megawatt-hours multiplied by 34.121416.
Megawatt-hours and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours can be abbreviated as MWh, for example 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Megawatt-hour Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Megawatt-hour Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600,000,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600,000 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 MWh is equal to 3.6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 MWh is equal to 860,420,650.1 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 MWh is equal to 860,420.7 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 MWh is equal to 860.42065 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 MWh is equal to 1,000,000 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 MWh is equal to 1,000 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,600,000,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 MWh is equal to 3,412,141.6 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 MWh is equal to 3.412142 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 MWh is equal to 3.4121E-9 quads