Convert Million BTU to Therms
Enter the energy in million BTU below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Million BTU to Therms
To convert a million BTU measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One million BTU is equal to 10 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the million BTU multiplied by 10.
Million BTU and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The million BTU is a US customary unit of energy. Million BTU can be abbreviated as MMBTU, for example 1 million BTU can be written as 1 MMBTU.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Million BTU Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Million BTU Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1,055,055,852.6 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1,055,055.9 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1,055.06 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1.055056 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 252,164,400.7 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 252,164.4 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 252.164401 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 293,071.1 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 293.07107 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 0.293071 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1,055,055,852.6 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1,000,000 british thermal units
- Convert to Quads
- 1 MMBTU is equal to 1.0E-9 quads