Convert Megajoules to Therms
Enter the energy in megajoules below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Megajoules to Therms
To convert a megajoule measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One megajoule is equal to 0.009478 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the megajoules multiplied by 0.009478.
Megajoules and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The megajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "mega" is the prefix for 109. Megajoules can be abbreviated as MJ, for example 1 megajoule can be written as 1 MJ.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Megajoule Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Megajoule Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 MJ is equal to 1,000,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 MJ is equal to 1,000 kilojoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 MJ is equal to 0.001 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 MJ is equal to 239,005.7 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 MJ is equal to 239.005736 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 MJ is equal to 0.239006 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 MJ is equal to 277.777778 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 MJ is equal to 0.277778 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 MJ is equal to 0.000278 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 MJ is equal to 1,000,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 MJ is equal to 947.81712 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 MJ is equal to 0.000948 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 MJ is equal to 9.4782E-13 quads