Convert Megaelectronvolts to Therms
Enter the energy in megaelectronvolts below to get the value converted to therms.
How to Convert Megaelectronvolts to Therms
To convert a megaelectronvolt measurement to a therm measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One megaelectronvolt is equal to 1.5186E-21 therms, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in therms is equal to the megaelectronvolts multiplied by 1.5186E-21.
Megaelectronvolts and therms are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
Megaelectronvolts can be abbreviated as MeV, for example 1 megaelectronvolt can be written as 1 MeV.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
Megaelectronvolt Measurements and Equivalent Therm Conversions
More Megaelectronvolt Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.6022E-13 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.6022E-16 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.6022E-19 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.6022E-22 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 MeV is equal to 3.8293E-14 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 MeV is equal to 3.8293E-17 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 MeV is equal to 3.8293E-20 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 MeV is equal to 4.4505E-17 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 MeV is equal to 4.4505E-20 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 MeV is equal to 4.4505E-23 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.6022E-13 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.5186E-16 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.5186E-22 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 MeV is equal to 1.5186E-31 quads