Convert Therms to Megajoules
Enter the energy in therms below to get the value converted to megajoules.
How to Convert Therms to Megajoules
To convert a therm measurement to a megajoule measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One therm is equal to 105.505585 megajoules, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megajoules is equal to the therms multiplied by 105.505585.
Therms and megajoules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to 100,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Therms are often used by natural gas companies to measure the heat equivalent of gas used.
The therm is a US customary unit of energy.
The megajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "mega" is the prefix for 109. Megajoules can be abbreviated as MJ, for example 1 megajoule can be written as 1 MJ.
Therm Measurements and Equivalent Megajoule Conversions
More Therm Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 therm is equal to 105,505,585.3 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 therm is equal to 105,505.6 kilojoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 therm is equal to 0.105506 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 therm is equal to 25,216,440.1 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 therm is equal to 25,216.4 kilocalories
- Convert to Megacalories
- 1 therm is equal to 25.21644 megacalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 therm is equal to 29,307.1 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 therm is equal to 29.307107 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 therm is equal to 0.029307 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 therm is equal to 105,505,585.3 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 therm is equal to 100,000 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 therm is equal to 0.1 million BTU
- Convert to Quads
- 1 therm is equal to 1.0E-10 quads