Convert Quads to Megacalories
Enter the energy in quads below to get the value converted to megacalories.
How to Convert Quads to Megacalories
To convert a quad measurement to a megacalorie measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio. One quad is equal to 252,164,400,721.8 megacalories, so use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megacalories is equal to the quads multiplied by 252,164,400,721.8.
Quads and megacalories are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
One therm is a measure of heat energy equal to one quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. Quads are usually used when talking about energy resources and consumption on a national or international scale.
The quad is a US customary unit of energy.
One megacalorie is equal to 1,000,000 calories, which are the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius. One megacalorie is equal to 4.184 megajoules.
Megacalories can be abbreviated as Mcal, for example 1 megacalorie can be written as 1 Mcal.
Quad Measurements and Equivalent Megacalorie Conversions
More Quad Energy Conversions
- Convert to Joules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,100,000,000,000,000 joules
- Convert to Kilojoules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,100,000,000,000 kilojoules
- Convert to Megajoules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,055,852,620 megajoules
- Convert to Gigajoules
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,055,852.6 gigajoules
- Convert to Calories
- 1 quad is equal to 252,160,000,000,000,000 calories
- Convert to Kilocalories
- 1 quad is equal to 252,160,000,000,000 kilocalories
- Convert to Watt-hours
- 1 quad is equal to 293,070,000,000,000 watt-hours
- Convert to Kilowatt-hours
- 1 quad is equal to 293,071,070,172.2 kilowatt-hours
- Convert to Megawatt-hours
- 1 quad is equal to 293,071,070.2 megawatt-hours
- Convert to Watt-seconds
- 1 quad is equal to 1,055,100,000,000,000,000 watt-seconds
- Convert to British Thermal Units
- 1 quad is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000 british thermal units
- Convert to Million BTU
- 1 quad is equal to 1,000,000,000 million BTU
- Convert to Therms
- 1 quad is equal to 10,000,000,000 therms
- Convert to Electronvolts
- 1 quad is equal to 6,585,099,999,999,999,807,801,088,461,852,639,232 electronvolts
- Convert to Kiloelectronvolts
- 1 quad is equal to 6,585,099,999,999,999,770,907,600,314,433,536 kiloelectronvolts
- Convert to Megaelectronvolts
- 1 quad is equal to 6,585,100,000,000,000,374,389,950,382,080 megaelectronvolts