British Thermal Units to Watt-Seconds Converter
Enter the energy in british thermal units below to get the value converted to watt-seconds.
Do you want to convert watt-seconds to british thermal units?
How to Convert British Thermal Units to Watt-Seconds
To convert a measurement in british thermal units to a measurement in watt-seconds, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1,055.055853 watt-seconds/british thermal unit.
Since one british thermal unit is equal to 1,055.055853 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in watt-seconds is equal to the energy in british thermal units multiplied by 1,055.055853.
How Many Watt-Seconds Are in a British Thermal Unit?
There are 1,055.055853 watt-seconds in a british thermal unit, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 BTU = 1,055.055853 Ws
British thermal units and watt-seconds are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a British Thermal Unit?
British thermal units are a measure of heat energy. Specifically, one british thermal unit is equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit. They are often used as a way to rate the energy heat producing appliances such furnaces, and to price heating fuels such as natural gas.
The british thermal unit is a US customary unit of energy. British thermal units can be abbreviated as BTU; for example, 1 british thermal unit can be written as 1 BTU.
Learn more about british thermal units.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
British Thermal Unit to Watt-Second Conversion Table
|British Thermal Units||Watt-seconds|
|0.001 BTU||1.0551 Ws|
|0.002 BTU||2.1101 Ws|
|0.003 BTU||3.1652 Ws|
|0.004 BTU||4.2202 Ws|
|0.005 BTU||5.2753 Ws|
|0.006 BTU||6.3303 Ws|
|0.007 BTU||7.3854 Ws|
|0.008 BTU||8.4404 Ws|
|0.009 BTU||9.4955 Ws|
|0.01 BTU||10.55 Ws|
|0.02 BTU||21.1 Ws|
|0.03 BTU||31.65 Ws|
|0.04 BTU||42.2 Ws|
|0.05 BTU||52.75 Ws|
|0.06 BTU||63.3 Ws|
|0.07 BTU||73.85 Ws|
|0.08 BTU||84.4 Ws|
|0.09 BTU||94.96 Ws|
|0.1 BTU||105.51 Ws|
|0.2 BTU||211.01 Ws|
|0.3 BTU||316.52 Ws|
|0.4 BTU||422.02 Ws|
|0.5 BTU||527.53 Ws|
|0.6 BTU||633.03 Ws|
|0.7 BTU||738.54 Ws|
|0.8 BTU||844.04 Ws|
|0.9 BTU||949.55 Ws|
|1 BTU||1,055 Ws|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More British Thermal Unit & Watt-Second Conversions
- british thermal units to joules
- british thermal units to kilojoules
- british thermal units to megajoules
- british thermal units to gigajoules
- british thermal units to calories
- british thermal units to kilocalories
- british thermal units to megacalories
- british thermal units to watt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to million BTU
- british thermal units to therms
- british thermal units to quads
- british thermal units to electronvolts
- british thermal units to kiloelectronvolts
- british thermal units to megaelectronvolts
- joules to watt-seconds
- kilojoules to watt-seconds
- megajoules to watt-seconds
- gigajoules to watt-seconds
- calories to watt-seconds
- kilocalories to watt-seconds
- megacalories to watt-seconds
- watt-hours to watt-seconds
- kilowatt-hours to watt-seconds
- megawatt-hours to watt-seconds
- million BTU to watt-seconds
- therms to watt-seconds
- quads to watt-seconds
- electronvolts to watt-seconds
- kiloelectronvolts to watt-seconds
- megaelectronvolts to watt-seconds