Watt-Seconds to Gigajoules Converter
Enter the energy in watt-seconds below to get the value converted to gigajoules.
Do you want to convert gigajoules to watt-seconds?
How to Convert Watt-Seconds to Gigajoules
To convert a measurement in watt-seconds to a measurement in gigajoules, divide the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1,000,000,000 watt-seconds/gigajoule.
Since one gigajoule is equal to 1,000,000,000 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in gigajoules is equal to the energy in watt-seconds divided by 1,000,000,000.
Watt-seconds and gigajoules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
What is a Gigajoule?
One gigajoule is equal to 1,000,000,000 joules, which is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter.
The gigajoule is a multiple of the joule, which is the SI derived unit for energy. In the metric system, "giga" is the prefix for billions, or 109. Gigajoules can be abbreviated as GJ; for example, 1 gigajoule can be written as 1 GJ.
Learn more about gigajoules.
Watt-Second to Gigajoule Conversion Table
|1 Ws||0.000000001 GJ|
|2 Ws||0.000000002 GJ|
|3 Ws||0.000000003 GJ|
|4 Ws||0.000000004 GJ|
|5 Ws||0.000000005 GJ|
|6 Ws||0.000000006 GJ|
|7 Ws||0.000000007 GJ|
|8 Ws||0.000000008 GJ|
|9 Ws||0.000000009 GJ|
|10 Ws||0.00000001 GJ|
|100 Ws||0.0000001 GJ|
|1,000 Ws||0.000001 GJ|
|10,000 Ws||0.00001 GJ|
|100,000 Ws||0.0001 GJ|
|1,000,000 Ws||0.001 GJ|
|10,000,000 Ws||0.01 GJ|
|100,000,000 Ws||0.1 GJ|
|1,000,000,000 Ws||1 GJ|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Second & Gigajoule Conversions
- watt-seconds to joules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to megajoules
- watt-seconds to calories
- watt-seconds to kilocalories
- watt-seconds to megacalories
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to million BTU
- watt-seconds to therms
- watt-seconds to quads
- watt-seconds to electronvolts
- watt-seconds to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-seconds to megaelectronvolts
- joules to gigajoules
- kilojoules to gigajoules
- megajoules to gigajoules
- calories to gigajoules
- kilocalories to gigajoules
- megacalories to gigajoules
- watt-hours to gigajoules
- kilowatt-hours to gigajoules
- megawatt-hours to gigajoules
- british thermal units to gigajoules
- million BTU to gigajoules
- therms to gigajoules
- quads to gigajoules
- electronvolts to gigajoules
- kiloelectronvolts to gigajoules
- megaelectronvolts to gigajoules