Watt-Seconds to Megawatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in watt-seconds below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
Do you want to convert megawatt-hours to watt-seconds?
How to Convert Watt-Seconds to Megawatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in watt-seconds to a measurement in megawatt-hours, divide the energy by the following conversion ratio: 3,600,000,000 watt-seconds/megawatt-hour.
Since one megawatt-hour is equal to 3,600,000,000 watt-seconds, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the energy in watt-seconds divided by 3,600,000,000.
Watt-seconds and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
Watt-Second to Megawatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 Ws||0.00000000027778 MWh|
|2 Ws||0.00000000055556 MWh|
|3 Ws||0.00000000083333 MWh|
|4 Ws||0.0000000011111 MWh|
|5 Ws||0.0000000013889 MWh|
|6 Ws||0.0000000016667 MWh|
|7 Ws||0.0000000019444 MWh|
|8 Ws||0.0000000022222 MWh|
|9 Ws||0.0000000025 MWh|
|10 Ws||0.0000000027778 MWh|
|100 Ws||0.000000027778 MWh|
|1,000 Ws||0.00000027778 MWh|
|10,000 Ws||0.0000027778 MWh|
|100,000 Ws||0.000027778 MWh|
|1,000,000 Ws||0.000278 MWh|
|10,000,000 Ws||0.002778 MWh|
|100,000,000 Ws||0.027778 MWh|
|1,000,000,000 Ws||0.277778 MWh|
|10,000,000,000 Ws||2.7778 MWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Second & Megawatt-Hour Conversions
- watt-seconds to joules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to megajoules
- watt-seconds to gigajoules
- watt-seconds to calories
- watt-seconds to kilocalories
- watt-seconds to megacalories
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to million BTU
- watt-seconds to therms
- watt-seconds to quads
- watt-seconds to electronvolts
- watt-seconds to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-seconds to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megawatt-hours
- kilojoules to megawatt-hours
- megajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- calories to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- million BTU to megawatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- quads to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to megawatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to megawatt-hours