Calories to Megawatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in calories below to get the value converted to megawatt-hours.
Do you want to convert megawatt-hours to calories?
How to Convert Calories to Megawatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in calories to a measurement in megawatt-hours, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1.1622E-9 megawatt-hours/calorie.
Since one calorie is equal to 1.1622E-9 megawatt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in megawatt-hours is equal to the energy in calories multiplied by 1.1622E-9.
Calories and megawatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Calorie?
One calorie is equal to the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius.
When measuring the energy content in foods, the large calorie, or kilocalorie is used, but it's often still just called a "calorie." When both the calorie and large calorie are used in the same context it is common to refer to the calorie as a "small calorie."
Calories can be abbreviated as cal; for example, 1 calorie can be written as 1 cal.
Learn more about calories.
What is a Megawatt-Hour?
A megawatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one megawatt, or 1,000,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Megawatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Megawatt-hours are usually abbreviated as MWh, although the formally adopted expression is MW·h. The abbreviation MW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 megawatt-hour can be written as 1 MWh, 1 MW·h, or 1 MW h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about megawatt-hours.
Calorie to Megawatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 cal||0.0000000011622 MWh|
|2 cal||0.0000000023244 MWh|
|3 cal||0.0000000034867 MWh|
|4 cal||0.0000000046489 MWh|
|5 cal||0.0000000058111 MWh|
|6 cal||0.0000000069733 MWh|
|7 cal||0.0000000081356 MWh|
|8 cal||0.0000000092978 MWh|
|9 cal||0.00000001046 MWh|
|10 cal||0.000000011622 MWh|
|100 cal||0.00000011622 MWh|
|1,000 cal||0.0000011622 MWh|
|10,000 cal||0.000011622 MWh|
|100,000 cal||0.000116 MWh|
|1,000,000 cal||0.001162 MWh|
|10,000,000 cal||0.011622 MWh|
|100,000,000 cal||0.116222 MWh|
|1,000,000,000 cal||1.1622 MWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Calorie & Megawatt-Hour Conversions
- calories to joules
- calories to kilojoules
- calories to megajoules
- calories to gigajoules
- calories to kilocalories
- calories to megacalories
- calories to watt-hours
- calories to kilowatt-hours
- calories to watt-seconds
- calories to british thermal units
- calories to million BTU
- calories to therms
- calories to quads
- calories to electronvolts
- calories to kiloelectronvolts
- calories to megaelectronvolts
- joules to megawatt-hours
- kilojoules to megawatt-hours
- megajoules to megawatt-hours
- gigajoules to megawatt-hours
- kilocalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- kilowatt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- british thermal units to megawatt-hours
- million BTU to megawatt-hours
- therms to megawatt-hours
- quads to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to megawatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to megawatt-hours