Watt-Seconds to Million BTU Converter
Enter the energy in watt-seconds below to get the value converted to million BTU.
Do you want to convert million BTU to watt-seconds?
How to Convert Watt-Seconds to Million BTU
To convert a measurement in watt-seconds to a measurement in million BTU, multiply the energy by the following conversion ratio: 9.4782E-10 million BTU/watt-second.
Since one watt-second is equal to 9.4782E-10 million BTU, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in million BTU is equal to the energy in watt-seconds multiplied by 9.4782E-10.
Watt-seconds and million BTU are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Second?
The watt-second is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one second period. One watt-second is equal to 1/3,600 of a watt-hour or one joule.
Watt-seconds are usually abbreviated as Ws, although the formally adopted expression is W·s. The abbreviation W s is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-second can be written as 1 Ws, 1 W·s, or 1 W s.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-seconds.
What is a Million BTU?
One million BTU is a measure of heat energy equal to 1,000,000 BTU, which are equal to the amount of heat energy required to increase the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit.
The million BTU is a US customary unit of energy. Million BTU can be abbreviated as MMBTU; for example, 1 million BTU can be written as 1 MMBTU.
Learn more about million BTU.
Watt-Second to Million BTU Conversion Table
|1 Ws||0.00000000094782 MMBTU|
|2 Ws||0.0000000018956 MMBTU|
|3 Ws||0.0000000028435 MMBTU|
|4 Ws||0.0000000037913 MMBTU|
|5 Ws||0.0000000047391 MMBTU|
|6 Ws||0.0000000056869 MMBTU|
|7 Ws||0.0000000066347 MMBTU|
|8 Ws||0.0000000075825 MMBTU|
|9 Ws||0.0000000085304 MMBTU|
|10 Ws||0.0000000094782 MMBTU|
|100 Ws||0.000000094782 MMBTU|
|1,000 Ws||0.00000094782 MMBTU|
|10,000 Ws||0.0000094782 MMBTU|
|100,000 Ws||0.000094782 MMBTU|
|1,000,000 Ws||0.000948 MMBTU|
|10,000,000 Ws||0.009478 MMBTU|
|100,000,000 Ws||0.094782 MMBTU|
|1,000,000,000 Ws||0.947817 MMBTU|
|10,000,000,000 Ws||9.4782 MMBTU|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Second & Million BTU Conversions
- watt-seconds to joules
- watt-seconds to kilojoules
- watt-seconds to megajoules
- watt-seconds to gigajoules
- watt-seconds to calories
- watt-seconds to kilocalories
- watt-seconds to megacalories
- watt-seconds to watt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to megawatt-hours
- watt-seconds to british thermal units
- watt-seconds to therms
- watt-seconds to quads
- watt-seconds to electronvolts
- watt-seconds to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-seconds to megaelectronvolts
- joules to million BTU
- kilojoules to million BTU
- megajoules to million BTU
- gigajoules to million BTU
- calories to million BTU
- kilocalories to million BTU
- megacalories to million BTU
- watt-hours to million BTU
- kilowatt-hours to million BTU
- megawatt-hours to million BTU
- british thermal units to million BTU
- therms to million BTU
- quads to million BTU
- electronvolts to million BTU
- kiloelectronvolts to million BTU
- megaelectronvolts to million BTU