Megacalories to Joules Converter
Enter the energy in megacalories below to get the value converted to joules.
Do you want to convert joules to megacalories?
How to Convert Megacalories to Joules
To convert a megacalorie measurement to a joule measurement, multiply the energy by the conversion ratio.
Since one megacalorie is equal to 4,184,000 joules, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in joules is equal to the megacalories multiplied by 4,184,000.
How Many Joules Are in a Megacalorie?
There are 4,184,000 joules in a megacalorie, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 Mcal = 4,184,000 J
Megacalories and joules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Megacalorie?
One megacalorie is equal to 1,000,000 calories, which is the heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5 degrees Celsius. One megacalorie is equal to 4.184 megajoules.
Megacalories can be abbreviated as Mcal; for example, 1 megacalorie can be written as 1 Mcal.
Learn more about megacalories.
What is a Joule?
The joule is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter. One joule is equal to the heat energy dissipated by the current of one ampere through one ohm of resistance for one second.
One joule is also equal to the energy needed to move an electric charge of one coulomb through a potential difference of one volt. In addition, one joule is also equal to the one watt-second.
The joule is the SI derived unit for energy in the metric system. Joules can be abbreviated as J; for example, 1 joule can be written as 1 J.
Learn more about joules.
Megacalorie to Joule Conversion Table
|0.000001 Mcal||4.184 J|
|0.000002 Mcal||8.368 J|
|0.000003 Mcal||12.55 J|
|0.000004 Mcal||16.74 J|
|0.000005 Mcal||20.92 J|
|0.000006 Mcal||25.1 J|
|0.000007 Mcal||29.29 J|
|0.000008 Mcal||33.47 J|
|0.000009 Mcal||37.66 J|
|0.0000001 Mcal||0.4184 J|
|0.000001 Mcal||4.184 J|
|0.00001 Mcal||41.84 J|
|0.0001 Mcal||418.4 J|
|0.001 Mcal||4,184 J|
|0.01 Mcal||41,840 J|
|0.1 Mcal||418,400 J|
|1 Mcal||4,184,000 J|
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures, The International System of Units, 9th Edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Megacalorie & Joule Conversions
- megacalories to kilojoules
- megacalories to megajoules
- megacalories to gigajoules
- megacalories to calories
- megacalories to kilocalories
- megacalories to watt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to megawatt-hours
- megacalories to watt-seconds
- megacalories to british thermal units
- megacalories to million BTU
- megacalories to therms
- megacalories to quads
- megacalories to electronvolts
- megacalories to kiloelectronvolts
- megacalories to megaelectronvolts
- kilojoules to joules
- megajoules to joules
- gigajoules to joules
- calories to joules
- kilocalories to joules
- watt-hours to joules
- kilowatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to joules
- watt-seconds to joules
- british thermal units to joules
- million BTU to joules
- therms to joules
- quads to joules
- electronvolts to joules
- kiloelectronvolts to joules
- megaelectronvolts to joules