Electronvolts to Joules Converter
Enter the energy in electronvolts below to get the value converted to joules.
Do you want to convert joules to electronvolts?
How to Convert Electronvolts to Joules
To convert a measurement in electronvolts to a measurement in joules, divide the energy by the following conversion ratio: 6.2415E+18 electronvolts/joule.
Since one joule is equal to 6.2415E+18 electronvolts, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in joules is equal to the energy in electronvolts divided by 6.2415E+18.
Electronvolts and joules are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is an Electronvolt?
An electronvolt is the amount of energy required to accelerate an electron through a difference in electric potential of one volt in vacuum. One electronvolt is equal to the charge of 1.602176634 × 10−19 C, and is equal to the energy of 1.602176634 × 10−19 Joules.
Electronvolts can be abbreviated as eV; for example, 1 electronvolt can be written as 1 eV.
Energy in electronvolts can be expressed using the following formula: E = qV
The energy E in electronvolts is equal to the electric charge q in elementary charge times the potential difference V in volts.
Learn more about electronvolts.
What is a Joule?
The joule is the energy equal to the force on an object of one newton at a distance of one meter. One joule is equal to the heat energy dissipated by the current of one ampere through one ohm of resistance for one second.
One joule is also equal to the energy needed to move an electric charge of one coulomb through a potential difference of one volt. In addition, one joule is also equal to the one watt-second.
The joule is the SI derived unit for energy in the metric system. Joules can be abbreviated as J; for example, 1 joule can be written as 1 J.
Learn more about joules.
Electronvolt to Joule Conversion Table
|1 eV||0.00000000000000000016022 J|
|2 eV||0.00000000000000000032044 J|
|3 eV||0.00000000000000000048065 J|
|4 eV||0.00000000000000000064087 J|
|5 eV||0.00000000000000000080109 J|
|6 eV||0.00000000000000000096131 J|
|7 eV||0.0000000000000000011215 J|
|8 eV||0.0000000000000000012817 J|
|9 eV||0.000000000000000001442 J|
|10 eV||0.0000000000000000016022 J|
|100 eV||0.000000000000000016022 J|
|1,000 eV||0.00000000000000016022 J|
|10,000 eV||0.0000000000000016022 J|
|100,000 eV||0.000000000000016022 J|
|1,000,000 eV||0.00000000000016022 J|
|10,000,000 eV||0.0000000000016022 J|
|100,000,000 eV||0.000000000016022 J|
|1,000,000,000 eV||0.00000000016022 J|
|10,000,000,000 eV||0.0000000016022 J|
|100,000,000,000 eV||0.000000016022 J|
|1,000,000,000,000 eV||0.00000016022 J|
|10,000,000,000,000 eV||0.0000016022 J|
|100,000,000,000,000 eV||0.000016022 J|
|1,000,000,000,000,000 eV||0.00016 J|
|10,000,000,000,000,000 eV||0.001602 J|
|100,000,000,000,000,000 eV||0.016022 J|
|1,000,000,000,000,000,000 eV||0.160218 J|
|10,000,000,000,000,000,000 eV||1.6022 J|
- Tatum, J., Electricity and Magnetism - 2.3: Electron-volts, https://phys.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Electricity_and_Magnetism/Electricity_and_Magnetism_(Tatum)/02%3A_Electrostatic_Potential/2.03%3A_Electron-volts
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures, The International System of Units, 9th Edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Electronvolt & Joule Conversions
- electronvolts to kilojoules
- electronvolts to megajoules
- electronvolts to gigajoules
- electronvolts to calories
- electronvolts to kilocalories
- electronvolts to megacalories
- electronvolts to watt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to megawatt-hours
- electronvolts to watt-seconds
- electronvolts to british thermal units
- electronvolts to million BTU
- electronvolts to therms
- electronvolts to quads
- electronvolts to kiloelectronvolts
- electronvolts to megaelectronvolts
- kilojoules to joules
- megajoules to joules
- gigajoules to joules
- calories to joules
- kilocalories to joules
- megacalories to joules
- watt-hours to joules
- kilowatt-hours to joules
- megawatt-hours to joules
- watt-seconds to joules
- british thermal units to joules
- million BTU to joules
- therms to joules
- quads to joules
- kiloelectronvolts to joules
- megaelectronvolts to joules