Watt-Hours to Kilowatt-Hours Converter
Enter the energy in watt-hours below to get the value converted to kilowatt-hours.
Do you want to convert kilowatt-hours to watt-hours?
How to Convert Watt-Hours to Kilowatt-Hours
To convert a measurement in watt-hours to a measurement in kilowatt-hours, divide the energy by the following conversion ratio: 1,000 watt-hours/kilowatt-hour.
Since one kilowatt-hour is equal to 1,000 watt-hours, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The energy in kilowatt-hours is equal to the energy in watt-hours divided by 1,000.
Watt-hours and kilowatt-hours are both units used to measure energy. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Watt-Hour?
The watt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one watt of power over a one hour period.
Watt-hours are usually abbreviated as Wh, although the formally adopted expression is W·h. The abbreviation W h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 watt-hour can be written as 1 Wh, 1 W·h, or 1 W h.
In formal expressions, the centered dot (·) or space is used to separate units used to indicate multiplication in an expression and to avoid conflicting prefixes being misinterpreted as a unit symbol.
Learn more about watt-hours.
What is a Kilowatt-Hour?
A kilowatt-hour is a measure of electrical energy equal to one kilowatt, or 1,000 watts, of power over a one hour period. Kilowatt-hours are a measure of electrical work performed over a period of time, and are often used as a way of measuring energy usage by electric companies.
Kilowatt-hours are usually abbreviated as kWh, although the formally adopted expression is kW·h. The abbreviation kW h is also sometimes used. For example, 1 kilowatt-hour can be written as 1 kWh, 1 kW·h, or 1 kW h.
Learn more about kilowatt-hours.
Watt-Hour to Kilowatt-Hour Conversion Table
|1 Wh||0.001 kWh|
|2 Wh||0.002 kWh|
|3 Wh||0.003 kWh|
|4 Wh||0.004 kWh|
|5 Wh||0.005 kWh|
|6 Wh||0.006 kWh|
|7 Wh||0.007 kWh|
|8 Wh||0.008 kWh|
|9 Wh||0.009 kWh|
|10 Wh||0.01 kWh|
|20 Wh||0.02 kWh|
|30 Wh||0.03 kWh|
|40 Wh||0.04 kWh|
|50 Wh||0.05 kWh|
|60 Wh||0.06 kWh|
|70 Wh||0.07 kWh|
|80 Wh||0.08 kWh|
|90 Wh||0.09 kWh|
|100 Wh||0.1 kWh|
|200 Wh||0.2 kWh|
|300 Wh||0.3 kWh|
|400 Wh||0.4 kWh|
|500 Wh||0.5 kWh|
|600 Wh||0.6 kWh|
|700 Wh||0.7 kWh|
|800 Wh||0.8 kWh|
|900 Wh||0.9 kWh|
|1,000 Wh||1 kWh|
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures, The International System of Units (SI), 9th edition, 2019, https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf
More Watt-Hour & Kilowatt-Hour Conversions
- watt-hours to joules
- watt-hours to kilojoules
- watt-hours to megajoules
- watt-hours to gigajoules
- watt-hours to calories
- watt-hours to kilocalories
- watt-hours to megacalories
- watt-hours to megawatt-hours
- watt-hours to watt-seconds
- watt-hours to british thermal units
- watt-hours to million BTU
- watt-hours to therms
- watt-hours to quads
- watt-hours to electronvolts
- watt-hours to kiloelectronvolts
- watt-hours to megaelectronvolts
- joules to kilowatt-hours
- kilojoules to kilowatt-hours
- megajoules to kilowatt-hours
- gigajoules to kilowatt-hours
- calories to kilowatt-hours
- kilocalories to kilowatt-hours
- megacalories to kilowatt-hours
- megawatt-hours to kilowatt-hours
- watt-seconds to kilowatt-hours
- british thermal units to kilowatt-hours
- million BTU to kilowatt-hours
- therms to kilowatt-hours
- quads to kilowatt-hours
- electronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- kiloelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours
- megaelectronvolts to kilowatt-hours